Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Engineering and/or related field or equivalent experience, plus 8 years of related experience or Master's degree and 6 years of related experience.
This position requires the ability to obtain a Department of Defense TS/SCI clearance. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.Responsibilities for this Position:
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS), a market leader and technology innovator, is seeking talented professionals to deliver cutting edge solutions to our customers.
Do you want to be a part of a software team supporting our Nation's Cyber initiatives? If so, General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) has an exciting career opportunity for you as a Web Applications Developer in our San Antonio, Texas location.
Develop and maintain web-based applications for a multi-level security system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Experience working with NetBeans and other Integrated Development Environments (IDEs)
- Train customers in using locally developed web-based tools and applications
- Participate in periodic meetings with customers and security review personnel
- Keep up-to-date on web technologies
- Software version control
- Development Lifecycle experience
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written
- May be able to flex work location once on-board with the team and able to work independently
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities desirable for this position.
- Applicants must meet DoD 8570.1 certification requirements for IAT-II or higher (such as Security+)
- Unix/Linux – familiar with basic operating system commands
- HTML5 – experience using HTML tags
- CSS – Familiar with style sheet implementation and usage
- Web Design – some experience in designing web sites and web-based applications
- Must be willing to learn/use PHP
ADDITIONAL SKILLS (Highly Desirable)
- Object-Oriented experience
- PHP – experience using PHP scripting
- Familiarity with frameworks such as NetBeans, ExtJS, Code Igniter, Zend, Yii etc. a plus
- UX/UIX web page design software
- Coding in PL/SQL for intranet applications
- Familiarity with code versioning software such as GIT, Maven, Subversion and Mecurial
Minimum Salary:USD $120,700.00/Yr.Maximum Salary:USD $130,600.00/Yr.Salary Note:This estimate represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors (geographic location, etc.). Actual pay may vary.Company Overview:
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran