WEALTH PRODUCT MANAGER
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
As a member of the Wealth Technology Group, the Wealth Product Manager would be responsible for accelerating transformation and innovation while serving as a liaison between end users and software development teams, including working with, or functioning as a subject matter expert (SME) in translating requirements to software development teams.
The Wealth Product Manager works closely with Product Team/Business Proxies to develop process flows reflecting business process requirements and help translate business priorities into quality User Stories. Elicit requirements and translate, simplify and analyze the feasibility of requirements, and perform business process design. Utilize your technical knowledge, combined with excellent oral and written communication skills, to influence technical teams in adopting best practices and as they relate to delivering highest value solutions in response to customer needs.
Play a key role in the agile transformation and impressive organization-wide process improvement efforts currently underway at CNR, by assisting teams in inspiring change by understanding and improving multiple business processes and systems. Demonstrate your leadership and professional skills by leading projects of moderate scope and complexity and/or serves as a technical advisor to teams. Identify gaps, opportunities for process improvement, analyze problems, and recommend solutions and industry best practices.
Technology and Innovation Division
As a member of City National's Technology & Innovation group, you will drive, develop, and maintain solutions for clients and colleagues. This is an exciting time of technology advancement and innovation across the bank, particularly within our technology teams.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
* Help define and continually update the product strategy and roadmap, which is aligned to the LOB, CNB and ultimately Client needs.
* Drive the day-to-day activities of the agile development team using a BDD model.
* Deeply understand and empathize the challenges our market, clients and stakeholders face and how our products help to solve them
* Assess value, develop use cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with the product strategy
* Facilitate requirements definition sessions with stakeholders , as well as working with BDD methods with your development team
* Establish annual goals, OKRs & KPIs; iterate on solutions using data to inform your decisions
* Engage with user experience and research teams to define and implement client usability testing, concept validation, and co-creation studies to gain insights and identify client needs and solutions (Design Thinking).
* Lead and manage cross-functional teams to get buy-in/approval/guidance, including lines of business, operations, legal, compliance, information security, fraud, and other LOBs.
* Evangelize product management best practices, and be a change agent in an evolving Wealth organization
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED?
* 3 - 7 years of relevant experience
* Minimum of 3+ years working in Wealth Product Management or similar
Skills and Knowledge
* Must have direct experience developing Wealth products, and technologies from start to finish.
* Experience working in an Agile environment, and exposure to SAFe framework is highly preferred.
* Solid understanding of SDLC, analytical and project management skills, data analysis experience a plus.
* Candidate must be highly motivated and energetic self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills, able to work independently and collaborates well in matrixed organizations
* Ability take initiative and proven leadership skills, positive attitude, problem solving, written and verbal communication skills and ability to build strong relationships and act as a bridge as/when needed between business and IT.
* Multi-task/prioritize, be able to effectively manage competing priorities
* Document and communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications needed.
* Results oriented, ability to drive and take ownership of initiatives, tasks and issues, and possess solution oriented and improvement mindset
* Attention to detail, ability to analyze, solve logic problems, along with good listening, documentation and observation skills
* Demonstrate a learning mindset and flexibility in accepting and adapting to change and innovation
* Develop project status dashboards/reports. If needed, work with teams across CNR to drive alignment of solutions with business strategies and business capability requirements.
* Experience with offshore/ or third party venders a plus
Technical Expertise Needed includes :
* Basic SQL skills is required
* Experience/Knowledge of agile best practices and SAFe highly preferred
* Experience with APIs preferred
* Knowledge/Experience in of Behavior driven design (BDD) highly preferred
* Concepts of risk management, issue tracking, change management and requirements gathering.
* Concepts, practices and procedures analyzing business processes.
* Investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry.
Tools & Other Skills:
* Include MS Project, JIRA/Confluence, Other PM, Testing or Agile tools, MS Office (Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook)
* Software Engineering Methodology (SEM) process, Change Management, basic database query language usage, time tracking tools, Use Case / UML, advanced quality assurance (QA) tool usage for test case development, execution, and defect tracking/issue tracking software
Starting base salary: $100,011 - $125,980 per year. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
Positions based in New York City:
In order to work on-site at City National Bank in New York City, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, per city requirements. Shortly after your start date, you will be required to attest to your vaccination status and will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
Source : City National Bank