WEALTH ADVISOR II
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Partners with Relationship Managers in providing integrated financial services advice to clients including: investment management, trust and estate planning, insurance services and brokerage. Takes a lead role in managing investment services for entertainment relationships by planning, delivery, and regular review with clients. Partners in closing new business, developing new relationships, and servicing existing wealth management clients through research, analysis, client interactions.
Entertainment Banking Division
Make your mark as a member of City National's Entertainment Banking group. You will help deliver sophisticated financial solutions through white-glove service to people and organizations in every facet of the entertainment business. City National has been a fixture in entertainment banking for more than 60 years, setting ourselves apart with in-depth expertise and knowledge of the industry.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
* Partner with Entertainment Banking colleagues and business managers in developing new relationships.
* Create opportunities to develop and promote ideas to promote new business, cross sell to existing clients, and increase referrals and assets under management.
* Identify/Profile with specific emphasis on discovering investment related needs and solutions in collaboration with the Entertainment Banking colleagues and City National Securities (CNS) licensed colleague.
* Assist in establishing new business sales calls and attend Entertainment Banking sales meetings and presentations.
* Lead discussions about all aspects of CN’s investment management and trust services and be the primary point of contact for all new business related matters.
* Take a lead role in managing investment services by planning, delivery, and regular review with clients.
* Communicate and provide regular updates on all client communications to Entertainment team and to line of business partners.
* Proactively communicate with clients about current conditions in the financial markets and makes necessary adjustments to their investment strategies. Review asset management and CNS Brokerage statements with clients. Communicate strategic shifts in the marketplace.
* Team effectively with CNB colleagues to set strategies and provide wealth management services across the full product spectrum.
* Analyze financial needs of clients and monitor their ongoing financial and personal circumstances to make adjustments or take action accordingly.
* Responsible for the overall on-boarding process and maintenance of new accounts.
* Ensure all client materials/presentations are prepared and analyzed.
* Ensure that relationship plans have been developed, implemented, and reviewed regularly.
* Provide on-going communication to client regarding adjustments or actions that should be taken.
* Structure client investment portfolios and rebalance alignment of asset allocation with client’s investment objects and risk tolerance (in partnership with Portfolio Manager).
* Review the assets in each account regularly to ensure that investments meet the intent and strategies of the client.
* Prepare client reviews in partnership with City National Rochdale, Pathstone and City National Securities.
* Responsible for the preparation and delivery of client review materials ensuring investment policy statements are accurate with current client strategy.
* Execute regular reviews with Portfolio Manager or City national Securites Broker.
* Keep current on client’s financial information while ensuring that clients understand the solutions being provided.
* Maintain all appropriate training and continuing eductation requirements for licenses and certifications.
* Ensure that the proper Reg. 9 data is collected and forms completed.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
* Bachelor's Degree Bachelors of Science or Bachelors of Arts degree
* Minimum of 7 years’ experience working at a brokerage/wire house firm, investment management and trust firm, or registered investment advisory Firm.
* Minimum 7 years’ experience with Microsoft Office software and financial database application.
* Series 7 and 65 licenses
* California life insurance license
Skills and Knowledge
* Advanced knowledge of marketable securities, investment products and financial planning concepts.
* Ability to work with advanced financial modeling software (Galaxy, E-Money, Morning star).
* Basic understanding of tax, estate planning, and insurance, especially in how they relate to investments.
* Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
* Able to work independently with deadlines, as well as part of a team.
* Excellent command of career and work environment professionalism.
* High attention to detail.
* Aptitude for business writing.
* Ability to exercise professional judgment to prioritize and complete tasks.
Starting base salary: $130,990 - $170,155 per year. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
Positions based in New York City: In order to work on-site at City National Bank in New York City, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, per city requirements. Shortly after your start date, you will be required to attest to your vaccination status and will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
Source : City National Bank