At Lakeshore, we create innovative learning materials and world-class guest experiences for teachers, parents and children. Since 1954, we’ve grown into a global community—with a thriving e-commerce business, multiple catalogs, 60 retail stores, a peerless national sales force, plus international offices that support our preeminent supply chain division. But today we’re working better, smarter and faster than ever—and setting our sights even higher. We’re building an infrastructure designed for scalability, embracing data-driven decision-making and using technology to improve efficiency and ensure the best tools for the best work. Most importantly, we continue to invest in a diverse team of inquisitive top talent who fuel each other’s passions and curiosity, take risks, try new things and believe that every new day brings opportunities for growth.Job Description
The Wave Planner II is responsible for allocating orders, releasing work to the floor, balancing workflow and ensuring individual waves are correctly prioritized and managed to predetermined wave cycle times. In addition, they also assign and monitor fulfillment work including, staging, shipping, wave times and pick and pack assignments for various functions.
A day in the office looks like this:
- Strong understanding and knowledge of WMS wave planning functionality to evaluate issues and maximize efficiencies.
- Creates batches of orders (waves) and releases to the floor based on priority levels, order types and ability to batch like SKU’s.
- Monitors released wave progress through the pick, QA, VAS, Pack and Ship process communicating with the respective functional Supervisor of any delays in processing.
- Monitors and ensures the timely staging and shipping of orders from the dock, QA and the Grid through closing of the trailers to be released.
- Ensures Replenishment and requirements are communicated and required action is taken in timely fashion.
- Ensures workload balance needs are reflected in the waves built and any load balancing actions are communicated to the Supervisors in a proactive fashion.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all Managers and Supervisors.
- Researches and resolves short allocation orders to resolution.
- Creates dashboard management reports relating to wave cycle times, SLA performance and backorders.
- Provides feedback to Supervisors on issues impacting outbound order flow.
- Investigates and resolves workflow issues.
- Receives and manages order routing changes and edits from the company’s order desk and Customer Service.
- When required, force close waves and communicates proactively to the affected Supervisors.
- Monitors and responds to emails and phone calls in a timely manner.
Got the skills and experience? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Evaluates workflow processes for efficiency and SLA compliance and ability to act on results.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient computer skills in Word and Excel required.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Ability to quickly and easily adapt to changing situations.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Solid working knowledge of HighJump and Pyramid Controller software.
- Self-motivating, sets and achieves challenging goals.
- Ensures SLA goals are met, completes work in a timely fashion and strives to improve.
- Consistently at work and on time, observing the time limit for breaks and lunches.
- Ability to work well in a team environment. Ability to work collaboratively with other employees and departments toward common goals and objectives.
- Meets deadlines and goals as established by the department Supervisor or Managers.
- Ability to work limited over-time, to include weekends as required.
- Good problem-solving skills and a strong sense of urgency.
- Strong time management, communication, listening, writing and processing skills.
And here’s our end of the bargain!
- Competitive compensation based on skills and experience, plus a bonus plan
- Excellent medical/dental and vision coverage—EPO, PPO and HSA
- 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution (because you will retire someday)
- Flexible benefits—choose what you like, ignore the rest
- Generous employee discount
- Casual dress…and we really mean it
At Lakeshore, we know our diversity makes us stronger, and when everyone feels included and valued, we all win. We strive to embrace our differences and create an intentionally diverse and inclusive community that is representative of the teachers, families and children we serve.
We couldn’t do the extraordinary things we’re doing without the people on our team. Thanks to their passion and enthusiasm, Lakeshore is more than a great place to work—it’s a great experience to be part of. So if you’re a down-to-earth professional who shares our desire for making a difference in the world, we’d love to hear from you.
To learn more about Lakeshore, visit www.lakeshorelearning.com/careers
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
People are selected to become members of the Lakeshore family based on skill, merit and mind-boggling talent—not based on race, color, creed, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, marital status, domestic partnership status, military status, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, alienage, AIDS or AIDS-related complex status, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status as a victim of domestic violence, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If things aren’t equal, we all lose.