Job Title: Warehouse Worker
Where: 412R Washington Street Norwell, MA 02061
Type: Full Time
Wages: $19/hr or more (depending on experience)
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 12pm - 8pm (OT and occasional weekends based on business needs)
We are currently seeking a Warehouse Worker to perform general warehousing tasks such as the receiving and storing of parts and material as well as packaging and shipping parts and material and maintains related records. Warehouse Worker will also prepare orders by processing request and supply orders; pulling materials, packing boxes, placing orders, and inspect return equipment. The ideal candidate will have good time management and documentation skills, ability to adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
This role is expected to:
- Performs periodic safety inspections and maintenance checks on Spider equipment and insures that required maintenance actions are accomplished on schedule and maintains related records.
- Performs general warehousing tasks such as the receiving and storing of parts and material as well as packaging and shipping parts and material and maintains related records.
- Drive forklift to move inventory and materials across the facility.
- Prepares orders by processing request and supply orders; pulling materials, packing boxes, placing orders, and inspect return equipment.
- Sort and place parts, materials or equipment on racks, shelves, or in bins, and store inventory in the proper location according to Spider standards.
- Performs daily general housekeeping and janitorial tasks to keep both shop and office spaces clean and orderly.
- As directed, assists Service Mechanics in the maintenance and repair of Spider equipment and accessories in the shop.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should be able to utilize the following skills:
- Must be able to lift 50+ lbs. and carry for extended period (up to 15 minutes) several times during one shift.
- Organize, attention to detail, inventory control skills and teamwork.
- Good time management and documentation skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Safety first attitude.
- Positive attitude, self-motivated.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 6 months to one year of warehouse experience preferred.
- Forklift experience a huge plus
- Basic hand tool knowledge
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand for continuous periods of time, walk, have clarity of vision, talk, and hear. The employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to walk, lift items up to 75 pounds and reach with hands and arms.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employees encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work environment frequently includes outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Job exposes employee to slight risk of electric shock, fumes, vibration, and air-borne particles.
BrandSafway is a leading global provider of access, specialized services, and forming and shoring solutions to the industrial, commercial and infrastructure markets.