9 A.M. - Warehouse Associate
Hourly Rate: $17.50 per hour / $250 Sign-on BONUS!
Eligibility for a $250 reward on a quarterly basis
Schedule: Monday - Friday, Shifts Available: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Location: 5370 S. Cicero Ave., Chicago, IL
We have a hunchâ€”letâ€™s call it a gut feelingâ€”that happiness starts in your stomach. Thatâ€™s why Farmer's Fridge has set out to remove the roadblocks to eating wholesome, delicious food. Our mission is to play a part in changing our food system for the better. Jar by jar, conversation by conversation, our company and every one of you is helping to change the way we eat. We are a team that cares -â€“ about the business, the impact our product makes, and each other. We are data-driven, innovative, and quick to move on a good idea. We are looking for people who want to collaborate in an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture and have a passion for success.
In the Warehouse role, you will:
- Coordinate efforts to deliver product to production and put-away product from vendors
- Maintain warehouse logs
- Ensure maintenance of a safe, clean, and well-organized working environment
- Immediately report safety hazards and violations; communicates operational concerns
- Communicate within and across multiple departments
- Previous knowledge of allergen storage is a plus
Necessary knowledge, skills, and experience:
- At least 2 years of warehouse experience, preferably in the food industry
- Able to stand and work for long periods of time (8 hour shifts) in a cold environment (around 40 degrees) and lift at least 40 lbs
- Knowledge and ability to use computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Suite
- Possess strong communication skills
- Able to stay organized and flexible in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of basic food manufacturing etiquette (handwashing techniques, food safety) is a plus!
- Improvement Oriented. You know your team is doing a good job; however, you keep track of data so that others can understand their performance too. You use this data as an insight into potential improvement.
- Confidence. You know your job and your demeanor inspires your teams to trust you.
- Humility. You appreciate everyone and the contributions that they make. The work of others is just as valuable as your own.
- Flexibility. You can pivot quickly as needed and it doesnâ€™t bother you. In fact, you see these changes as fun challenges to conquer.
- Positive. Youâ€™re the sort of person who is a joy to be around. You smile and lift people up when theyâ€™re feeling down.
- Enjoy free Lunch every day! An annual value of $4,000!
- Competitive Salary & 401K company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Traditional benefits for full-time hourly â€“ Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term and Long Term Disability.
- Generous sick leave & vacation time
- 10 paid floating holidays
- Referral and Sign-on Bonus -- $250 for each
- Quarterly Rewards Program
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company with an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture and have a passion for success.
During your break - Never run on empty by enjoying daily Farmerâ€™s Fridge meals, challenge a coworker to a game of ping pong, de-stress by taking a spin on our Nascar arcade game, or spend your break on one of our comfy couches.
Happier Workdays - Walking into the facility should fill you with joy, not dread. We're a fun and passionate group, and we don't take ourselves too seriously. Bring your unique self to work, dress comfortably, and always feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. We encourage curiosity and inquiry; there's no hierarchy here when we're all swapping ideas.
Innovate & Elevate - We are all teachers and learners. You'll grow, and help grow the company through cross-functional collaboration, open access to leadership, and regular business updates. You have a direct impact on the companyâ€™s bottom line. You can also impact your bottom line by participating in our 401(k) plan that includes a company match with immediate vesting.
Farmer’s Fridge is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our disclosures related to External Agencies and Applicants below: https://www.farmersfridge.com/careerdisclosures
Powered by JazzHR