Oversee and manage all branch maintenance across Medline operations. Provide leadership and direction to maintenance leadership across Medline branches.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Properly staff all branches with appropriate trained maintenance personnel, either internally or externally.
- Develop proper relationships with maintenance personnel to drive results required.
- Manage any outsourced maintenance companies appropriately to receive high value for the services that they perform.
- Responsible that all maintenance team members receive adequate training to perform their jobs safely and with a sense of urgency.
- Identify ways to increase effectiveness and efficiency of maintenance team members.
- Continuously monitor and improve overall uptime directly attributed to maintenance department.
- Anaylze costs related to capital expenditures to determine breakeven points, payback, and associated hard and soft savings.
- Responsible to create maintenance atmosphere capable of world class standards and a culture that creates limited attrition.
- Develop and mentor staff through on-boarding, open communication, training, and development opportunities and performance management processes. Ensure team is appropriately staffed with required competencies covering branch operational requirements.
- Work directly with VP Operations and their Branch Directors whereas maintenance and operations become homogenous as one unified team.
Please be aware that Medline requires all employees starting in this position to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated by their start date. Medline is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodations to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated for COVID-19 consistent with federal, state, and local law.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree.
- Other: Preference for technical background in mechanical and electrical
Relevant Work Experience:
At least +10 years experience in warehouse / manufacturing environment.
At least 7 years experience managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
Real hands-on experiences performing maintenance / mechanical / electrical duties throughout career
Advanced skill level in computer and systems usage.
Advanced skill at reading electrical diagrams and construction blueprints
Travel required: +70%