Iron Bow Technologies in Herndon, VA is searching for a results-oriented and experienced Vice President of Finance. The ideal candidate should be self-motivated and a hands-on leader able to deliver value-added business analysis, as well as define and measure meaningful financial and operational metrics throughout the business that lead to insightful business decision-making.
This position is responsible for providing overall direction for the Finance organization, which includes the Corporate & Financial Reporting, Budgeting, Business Operations Management, Treasury, Financial Operations, Corporate Insurance, and Risk Management functions.
- Corporate Reporting – Primary point of contact with private equity ownership for certain weekly and monthly reporting, as well as responding to ad-hoc data and information requests and managing data flow back and forth between the Company and its private equity points of contact
- Financial Reporting – direct oversight of the team that prepares and distributes a standard monthly financial reporting package with supporting analysis to the management, as well as oversight of the monthly forecasting process and development/maintenance of related financial statement models
- Budgeting – direct oversight and involvement with the preparation of the Company’s annual budget, including the related financial modeling of the projected balance sheet and cash flow statement
- Business Operations – lead the team of Business Operations Managers that directly support the Business Unit General Managers, and are responsible for Business Unit financial and administrative activities
- Treasury – day-to-day oversight of the Treasury function, to include the Company’s mandatory reporting to its Lender(s) (e.g. borrowing base certificates, financial covenant reporting, financial statement submission, etc.) and daily borrowing activity
- Financial Operations – along with the Project Control Manager, oversee the Project Controllers that are responsible for project accounting, forecasting, invoicing, and other project-related activities
- Corporate Insurance and Risk Management – manage and oversee all corporate insurance activities, including annual renewal of policies, filing of claims, working with sureties for bid/performance bonds, and responding to risk management inquires
- Joint Venture (JV) Administration – lead point of contact between JV partner leadership and Iron Bow, providing monthly financials and forecasts and responding to all financial inquiries and requests
- Collaborate with Accounting and other departmental managers Company-wide to support both the individual department and overall company goals and objectives
- Assist with M&A activity, including due diligence analysis and related financing activities
- Work with potential new vendors/suppliers related to the review and establishment of credit
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Strong and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to process information in real-time, ask questions and learn in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented and able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task
- Should possess the ability to effectively prioritize requirements and delegate work accordingly
- Self-motivated and a self-starter
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment and effectively interact with colleagues and Company employees across all functions and levels
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and people skills required
- Ability to adhere to policy and procedure
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, with advanced Excel skills required
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 12 - 15 years of experience in various financial/accounting positions, including at least two to four years in a supervisory/lead position related to financial planning and analysis
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Master’s Degree is strongly preferred
- Experience in a government contracting and/or IT reseller environment is preferred
- Experience with the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Federal Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), to include a detailed understanding of revenue recognition concepts
- Experience with Oracle or other large ERP and Financial Planning system(s)
- Experience with forecasting and the development and review of financial planning models
- Prior auditing and financial statement preparation experience is helpful
This position and continued employment with Iron Bow Technologies is contingent upon providing documentation of being fully vaccinated for Covid-19 or you must provide documentation to Iron Bow Human Resources supporting a bona fide request for Religious or a Medical Accommodation.
Iron Bow Technologies is a leading IT solution provider dedicated to successfully transforming technology investments into business capabilities for government, commercial and healthcare clients. Our depth of technical expertise, global reach and strategic partnerships with industry leaders as well as disruptive technology partners uniquely positions Iron Bow to target the right solution to ensure your successful business outcome. We partner with our clients from planning and implementation through ongoing maintenance and management to deliver solutions that are strong, flexible and on target.
Iron Bow Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
#LI-TM1See Job Description