About Bartell Hotels: Bartell Hotels is San Diego's largest independent hotel owner-operator with a sharp focus on employees, customers and community. This diverse collection of properties reflects Southern California's natural beauty, love for active lifestyles and exceptional hospitality. Our hotels combine classic and modern design, farm-to-table restaurants and energized bars, three beautiful marinas and the iconic Humphreys Concerts by the Bay entertainment venue.
Our Culture: At Bartell Hotels you will find a team of incredibly friendly people who are committed to exceeding guest expectations every day. The Bartell Hotels culture emphasizes respect, pride, teamwork and development. When you work at Bartell Hotels, you are encouraged to think entrepreneurially, and you are empowered to perform and show leadership in ways that can help advance your career. We often look within to promote deserving colleagues at all levels. Bartell Hotels embraces colleague diversity, inclusion and equity, and is firmly committed to respecting and appreciating each colleague.
Bartell Hotels is an equal opportunity employer.
Primary Objective of Utility/Dishwasher Position
To contribute to the cleanliness of the hotel by cleaning all dishes and maintaining a clean, sanitary kitchen
- Cleans dishes, silverware, and glassware for all outlets byoperating dishwashing machine
- Places bus pans in cook's line; cleans dirty dishes as needed
- Keeps cook line well stocked with china/hot plates, remove dirtysauté pans as well and return them cleaned
- Keeps glassware organized at all times, storing dishware in the properlocation
- Polishes all silver when needed, cleans drains
- Empties all dirty dishware in the employee cafeteria, washes andreturns to the proper location
- Assists in the breakdown of banquet functions; washes dishes offunctions
Maintains a clean kitchen environment by assisting kitchen personnel in following standard cleaning practices
- Sweeps and mops the entire kitchen and dish room
- Washes all clearing counters and shelves
- Washes mats with bleach after each use
- Monitors trash levels in all cans and removes when needed
- Minimizes safety hazards by following all safety rules andprocedures
Other duties may be assigned as needed
Physical Demands & Work Environment
While performing theduties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; usehands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear andtaste or smell. The employee isfrequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, aswell as lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. The employee is sometimes exposed to outside weather conditions andfrequently to hot or cold interior conditions as well as moving mechanicalparts, sharp cutting tools and hot external surfaces of kitchen cookingequipment. The employee must also be able to go up and down a flight of stairs while carrying 100 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderateto loud.