USNDS Systems Engineer 4 or 5
- Provide direct support to the USNDS government program office as a systems engineering subject matter expert.
- Reviewing technical documents and providing substantive actionable comments to support government program office in ensuring a high quality and accurate technical baseline across all products.
- Writing and updating program technical documents such as Systems Engineering Plan and Test and Evaluation Master Plan in support of meeting major program milestones.
- Ensuring effective requirements integration across space and ground, hardware and software, and all other aspects of systems and organizations within the Enterprise.
- Maintaining the technical baseline, including identifying and documenting system specification and interface requirement traceability from mission need documents to sell-off verification and test events.
- Interacting with the prime contractor and government leads to ensure that all system requirements and interfaces are consistent and valid across the PNT Enterprise.
- Demonstrated experience working with Air Force/DoD customers in an acquisition environment, with Space systems (especially at SMC), GPS, USNDS and ground system acquisition.
- Supporting customer in defining, capturing, and maintaining the technical, schedule, and cost risk data throughout the system lifecycle as well as developing risk mitigation courses of action and assessing impacts of risks and proposed changes.
- Developing acquisition-related briefings, plans, papers, and other documentation in support of program decision making. Collaborating with prime contractors, other support contractors, government civilians, and members of the U.S. Air Force.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. BS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Communications Engineering (technical), Physics, or similar.
- Understanding of fundamental requirements development and management processes.
- Extremely motivated individual who is a self-starter and works well in a team environment. Experience writing and delivering technical documents and briefings. Excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as organizational skill.
- Strong interpersonal skills to enable working, interfacing, and interrelating with diverse personnel and dynamic teams
- Secret Clearance.
- 14+ years’ experience as a systems engineer or other technical discipline.
- Master’s degree in technical discipline or MBA.
- TS, with SCI highly desirable.
- IBM DOORS experience.
- USNDS or GPS experience highly desirable.