Get the benefits of being in a union!!
- Full benefits covered
- Retirement for life
- Time and half is paid for anything over 8 hours per day
- Saturdays are time and a half pay
- Sundays and holidays are double pay
- Schooling of your trade is also covered and free
Must be willing to work overtime plus most Saturdays.
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Machining: 2 years (Preferred)
Acquires experience for basic set-up and operation of machines in more than one assigned area, or to work on products of a more complex nature such as brazing and machining.
- Performs basic set-up and operation of automatic or semi-automatic machines used in the production of brazing and/or machined parts.
- Learn safe operation of basic tools and complex equipment and the appropriate handling of materials.
- Write and edit programs for CNC Lathe or CNC Mill.
- Acquires the ability to check and inspect parts to meet tolerances and product operating requirements.
- Keeps logs or other necessary documents.
- Fits, aligns, and adjusts machines or assemblies to meet tolerances and product operating requirements.
- Works from scheduled, shop orders, established procedures, blueprints, specifications written and/or verbal instructions from supervisor and identifies deviations that can potentially interrupt productivity.
- Uses computer system to submit data for reports.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new assignments.
- Assignments are semi-routine in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practices required.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Requires production experience, basic reading, writing and shop math skills.
Skilled at operation of a variety of machines.
Basic understanding of related mechanics, brazing elements, and MRP concepts.
Minimum of 1-3 years related experience.
Completion of high school, vocational training, or equivalent is preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
- Day and Evening shifts available
- 8 hour shifts plus overtime