Associate’s degree in related discipline or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 1 years of relevant experience.
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is preferred at time of hire. Candidates must be able to obtain a Secret clearance within a reasonable amount of time from date of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.Responsibilities for this Position:
Developing mission-critical systems that help keep people safe is what we do. At General Dynamics Mission Systems, you’ll be part of the team that helps heroes make a true impact. The work we do is important. The challenges we face are career-defining. The opportunity we can offer is one-of-a-kind.
In a high volume production environment, work under general supervision to perform testing and troubleshooting of various products from individual items to entire suites of networked communications equipment. The Test Technician would routinely load software, configure and perform functional testing utilizing automated scripts, Acceptance Test Procedures (ATP's) or verbal instructions from Manager, Group Leader, Design Engineer or Test peers. Equipment under test includes GD designed or COTS computers, routers, servers, switches, raids, encryption devices, satellite communications, antennas, power supplies, cables etc.
Skills and Abilities:
- A suitable candidate would be knowledgeable in electronic networking technology and have experience working with communications equipment.
- Skills would include the ability to read and interpret basic engineering drawings, schematics, block diagrams and wire run lists to set-up, perform testing and troubleshoot as required to isolate the failure down to the module, port or board level.
- Familiar with manufacturing, test, development or diagnostic equipment, including, but not limited to, test programs, meters, oscilloscopes, signal generators and specialized test apparatus.
- Devise and construct basic tooling and fixtures to test, debug, troubleshoot, calibrate utilizing a variety of test equipment.
- Candidate must be computer literate, have good verbal and written communication skills to convey detailed pass/fail results accurately, generate all associated documentation and sign off test steps in the manufacturing database.
- Collaborate with GD Engineers, Operations peers and Supplier Engineers to address and resolve test anomalies.
- Develop test specifications and procedures, analyzes results and implements procedures to resolve problems.
- Prepare reports, documentation/specifications as required.
- Ability to work both as an individual contributor and as part of a cohesive team.
- Identify, document and implement solutions for process improvements.
Handles unexpected demands and adapts to new situations.
Preferred Degree Type and Experience:
- Associates Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Networking Technology or equivalent education.
- Experience operating Power Supplies, Multi-meters, Oscilloscopes, Logic Analyzers etc.
- A suitable candidate would be knowledgeable in electronic / military networking technology, including GPS and Iridium Satellite systems, and have at least 3 years of experience working with communications equipment.
- The ideal candidate would have an active Security Clearance and hands-on experience working with military communications networks, Type 1 encryption or undersea vehicle communications.
Minimum Salary:USD $23.94/Hr.Maximum Salary:USD $25.67/Hr.Salary Note:This estimate represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors (geographic location, etc.). Actual pay may vary.Company Overview:
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran