Come join our global team of dedicated professionals who through their extraordinary efforts demonstrate every day their commitment to our mission of improving the lives of patients. At Orthofix our culture is built around Integrity and the core beliefs we live by: Exceed Expectations, Work Together, Be Respectful, Get Lean and Have Fun! As an Orthofix employee, you will become an integral part of our culture by continually demonstrating the highest level of integrity and our beliefs while making an impact to our vision “To be a highly respected global orthopedic and spine company that delivers exceptional value to our patients, customers, team members, partners and shareholders."
Territory Manager, Bone Growth Therapies - Northern Virgina
How you’ll make a difference?
Orthofix’s Bone Growth Therapy Territory Managers impact patients’ lives on a daily basis by providing market leading bone growth therapy devices and outstanding customer service. Our Territory Managers work directly with physicians, patients and authorized distributors to promote and distribute these devices. To learn more about bone growth therapy and see how we are changing lives, please visit http://www.bonestimulation.com/.
What will be your Duties and Responsibilities?
- Promote and distribute Orthofix products and services to achieve sales results at or above established quotas for total and individual product segments.
- Provide direct, personal and timely service, via a consultative approach, to physicians, patients, managed care or other payers, representing Orthofix in a professional and straight forward manner. Some shift in emphasis from calling on doctors to calling on payers is dictated by changes in the health care environment.
- Provide education and support at the local and national hospital accounts to effectively support and implement policy and strategy. Also attend local, state and national meetings and conventions as needed.
- Develop new target accounts (physicians and third party payers), and maintain existing ones with regard to current BioStim Division Products, as well as future Division products, in accordance with company objectives.
- Train medical personnel and patients in the proper use and care of Orthofix products.
- Continually develop technical and sales skills. Has demonstrated proficiency in technical knowledge of Orthofix products, clinical and sales tools.
- Prepare reports and execute programs and policies at the direction of the Regional VP of Sales and National VP of Sales.
- Provide service and problem solving to customers (clinicians and patients) in a timely fashion.
- Provide paperwork required to complete and execute sales orders, e.g., prescriptions from patient files, letters of medical necessity from surgeons, etc.
What skills you’ll need?
- Related medical experience calling on both physician offices and hospitals is a plus.
- Demonstrated success in selling and through the managed health care or third party payer environment is a plus.
- Ability to articulate effectively showing poise, depth of thought and good judgment and decisions making.
- An ability to present to individuals and larger groups.
- An exceptional level of technical competence with regard to product knowledge and surgical procedures is a plus.
- An ability to advise management on policy and procedure issues.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Daily oversight of Associate Territory Managers; if applicable.
Physical demands and work conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift and transport products and literature to customer site repetitively throughout each day.
- Lifting capacity approximately 20 - 30 pounds.
- Travel required within territory by plane, car, etc. about 90%. If traveling by car a valid driver's license and proof of insurance is required.
Orthofix complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Orthofix makes its employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, Orthofix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.