Requires a Bachelor’s or Technology degree in Engineering or a related specialized area/field, or equivalent (4 years job-related experience). Requires an additional 8+ years of job-related experience, or a Master's degree with 6+ years of job-related experience.
Department of Defense SECRET security clearance is required at time of hire. The selected candidate must be able to obtain a TS/SCI within a reasonable amount of time from date of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a TEMPEST/EMI Engineering Support Specialist. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions. The candidate should have a strong background in TEMPEST and EMI with an emphasis on testing. As a member of the TEMPEST/EMI team the candidate will perform TEMPEST and EMI testing, generate test reports, and other related tasks for a wide variety of cyber products, tactical communications systems, and other military applications. Products range from tabletop subsystems to large complex systems.
K nowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Perform testing in accordance with TEMPEST/1-92, CNSSAM TEMPEST 01-02 and MIL-STD-461.
- Candidate must be a Certified TEMPEST Professional (CTP) Level I or Level II.
- Familiarity with test equipment such as oscilloscopes, EMI receivers, Spectrum and Network analyzers, etc.
- Familiarity with test equipment control software such as VEE and EMC32.
- Demonstrated mastery of practical engineering application.
REPRESENTATIVE TEMPEST DUTIES AND TASKS:
Review of customer requirement specifications for TEMPEST requirements for new product proposals.
Work closely with product development teams for qualification of products to NSTISSAM TEMPEST/1-92, CNSSAM TEMPEST 01-02, and CNSSAM TEMPEST/1-13.
Perform TEMPEST testing to these same standards.
Work closely with product teams to troubleshoot problems as needed and recommend cost effective solutions with minimal design impact.
- Review and develop TEMPEST test reports as s a CTP Level I and prepare Control Plans and Test Plans as a CTP Level II.
- Manage equipment calibrations and repairs.
- Troubleshoot and solve equipment and test setup issues.
What you bring to the table:
- A Bachelor’s of Science or Technology degree, a related specialized area or field (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience
- Expertise in systems engineering, network/system management with demonstrable background in research support and in-depth, hands-on knowledge of COTS/GOTS network and systems management applications
- Subject matter expert (SME) in at least one discipline/field and working knowledge in multiple adjacent disciplines/fields
What sets you apart:
- Creative thinking with the ability to multi-task
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Team player who thrives in collaborative environments and revels in team success
Target salary range: USD $120,900.00/Yr. - USD $130,800.00/Yr. This estimate represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors (geographic location, etc.). Actual pay may vary.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran