Fortinet is growing and we are expanding our Advanced Services Enterprise team. We are looking for passionate Senior Technical Support Engineers to join the team and deliver an exceptional support experience to our Advanced Services Customer Accounts as well as other High Profile customers within the Americas region
- Provide direct technical web and telephone support to Fortinet customers including:
- Advanced troubleshooting on the full range of Fortinet products
- Collection, analysis and change recommendations of configuration information
- Collection and analysis of customer network information
- Collection and initial analysis of packet trace information
- Recommend corrective actions based on analysis
- Provide customer education where needed due to gaps in networking, product knowledge, etc.
- Consultation of technical documentation, bulletins and release notes for known problems
- Reproduction of customer environments on lab equipment
- Follow up on technical cases including proper escalation and management of the case until case closure.
- Manage customer communications and expectations until the closure of each case
Job Skills Required:
- 2-3 years experience in a technical support role in a networking/security company or equivalent education
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, routing protocols, L2/L3 switches
- Experience with security products firewalls, IPSec, IDS/IPS, Anti Spam, virus scanning
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Extensive working knowledge of Windows, UNIX or Linux
- Previous call center experience, preferably supporting data networking products and/or security products is desirable.
- Strong English skills both written and verbal.
- Previous experience/certification on Fortinet products is an advantage
Practical Hands-on knowledge of:
- Unix / Gnu-Linux (administrative level)
- Windows (administrative level)
- Checkpoint FW
- Load Balancers (F5 Big IP)
- Various Routers / Switches (Cisco CatOs, Cisco IOS, JunOS, PanOS, Riverbed, etc.)
- Vulnerability scanners (nessus, FireSIGHT, Qualys, etc)
- SQL (MSSql, MySql, postgresql, Oracle, etc.)
- Cloud Applications (AWS, Box, Google Apps, Office 365, Okta, Salesforce, etc)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field, or an equivalent combination of training and experience is desirable