Technical Program Manager for Consumer Products & Engineering in the Los Angeles area.
Our client is looking for a Senior Engineering Program Manager to create, drive and maintain the engineering development schedule for their software and hardware consumer products. This role will work closely with Engineering, Product Management and a broad cross functional team to co-define and execute against our product development roadmap.
You will play a leading role in the development of an innovative and unique platform that will allow for the next level of presence within immersive computing. You must be passionate about disruptive technologies, breaking boundaries, making science fiction real, and willing to be part of the next breakthrough in human communication.
- Take ownership of product timelines and milestones, and develop accurate schedules with dependencies, stakeholders, and constraints identified
- Identify risks, designs, development, testing and the implementations needed for product delivery in an agile environment
- Drive alignment between multiple teams, managing schedules, tracking risks, driving the team to results, bringing structure within ambiguity, and clearly communicating to project stakeholders
- 6 to 10 years of Technical Program Management with experience leading Software, Hardware, and ecosystem enablers (Mobile/Cloud/Web) within an Agile environment
- Experience developing hardware and software plans focused on commercialization of consumer products, including consumer facing applications and connected devices
- Experience leading complex programs from project planning to product delivery. Demonstration of prior products and initiatives is highly beneficial and desired
- Understanding of what it takes to be the liaison between Product, Engineering, Operations, Marketing and external partners
- Experienced in managing risk, schedules, resourcing, and budget against projected milestones. When risks are identified, you demonstrate the ability to work with the appropriate stakeholders to mitigate impact. Must be able to provide clear examples
- Experience facilitating co-development with 3rd party manufacturing partners based in Asia
- Excellent verbal and written skills. Comfortable speaking with engineers, stakeholders, and able to tailor your message to your audience
- Engineering background in both hardware and software is highly desirable
- Understanding of and experience with consumer product construction
- Certificate in Program Management, Scrum Master, and Agile is extremely beneficial
Type of Role: Full time
Submit resume to Jobs@OSIengineering.com
Abel Lara | 408.550.2800 x119