Aledade is looking for a remote Technical Lead to help develop our web application and data pipelines to help empower primary care physicians to deliver high quality healthcare to millions of patients at the right time.
Technical Leads at Aledade maintain, improve, and expand our web application and data pipelines. We're looking for technical leads who know that writing new code is not always the solution to a problem, but when technological changes are needed they create secure, maintainable, performant, correct, scalable, and stable solutions to the complex and unique challenges in our corner of the healthcare industry. They embrace strategies that minimize risk, leaning towards observability, alerting, metrics, high test coverage, and frequent releases that incrementally build value.
Every engineer at Aledade works collaboratively with a team of experts to improve health outcomes and reduce the cost of the American healthcare system. Our infrastructure teams focus on operational configuration, data modeling, data ingestion, and system stability. Given these attributes, Technical Leads possess high visibility inside and out of our Product division and play a critical role in the growth of the company and the practices Aledade supports.
Aledade has a US based permanently remote engineering and product team.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Develop and implement scalable and performant solutions (we use Vue, Python, DBT, Snowflake, and PostgreSQL)
- Partner, as a peer, with Engineering Managers, Product Managers, and stakeholders throughout Aledade to develop and execute technical roadmaps using Agile processes
- Act as a technical leader that serves as a multiplier within the broader product organization via providing accountability, transparency, and technical assistance
- Help guide decisions using data driven measures
- Research industry trends and lead internal discussions on technology and architecture choices
- Mentor and coach more junior engineers including thorough pull request reviews for other developers and be receptive to critical feedback on your own work
- Analyze and improve performance, scalability and stability of ingestion and publication pipelines
- Embody our values: Service, Inclusion, Accountability, Curiosity, and Evidence
- 5 or more years experience as an engineer building modern networked applications as part of a cross-functional team
- 3 or more years of experience working with SQL or other database querying language on large multi-table data sets
- 2 or more years of experience acting as a trusted technical decision-maker in a team setting solving for short-term and long-term business value
- 1 or more years of experience coaching other engineers
- Demonstrated ability to write well-designed, well-tested, and well-documented code
Bonus points if you also have:
- Experience scaling an existing system to keep pace with exponential business growth
- Familiarity and comfort working with Kubernetes and Docker containers
- Cloud deployment experience, or CI/CD experience
- Working knowledge of health information systems
Personality Traits We Value
● Service: You care about people and society. You are driven to make the world a better place and are excited for the opportunity to improve public health.
● Accountability: You want to be judged by your outcomes. You “own it” even when circumstances are not under your control. You hold others accountable for the success of the business. You do not give up on finding solutions to challenging problems.
● Inclusion: You pursue equity. You find strength in a diversity of backgrounds and perspectives. You are kind and respectful towards all people at work and in your communities.
● Evidence: You believe there is truth in data, rely on the scientific method to guide your decisions, use metrics to evaluate success, and strive to be objective whenever possible. You believe there is value in being transparent to ourselves and others. You do not withhold or ignore relevant information.
● Curiosity: You strive to make yourself and others better every day. You learn and actively seek to broaden your expertise. You teach and are eager to share our knowledge with teammates. You are humble, acknowledging your mistakes and growing from them.
All prospective hires will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated, including booster shots, against COVID-19 with a COVID-19 vaccine for which the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has issued a license or an Emergency Use Authorization prior to mutually-agreed upon start date at Aledade, unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement. In certain limited circumstances, Aledade will accept documented proof of prior infection with COVID-19 in lieu of a booster shot.
If you are passionate about transforming the healthcare system into one that best serves the needs of patients, doctors, and society, we’d love for you to join us!
Who We Are:
Aledade is a leader in population health that is using innovative, value based solutions to transform the way physicians interact with their patients. We are on a mission to change healthcare for the better and solve complex problems within the healthcare system.
We follow the simple but radical idea that Aledade only succeeds when our partner practices succeed. From our cutting-edge technology platform to practice transformation services, we provide physicians with everything they need to create and run an accountable care organization (ACO
), revamping the way they practice and getting them back to where they should be: quarterbacking their patients’ health care!
Our customized solutions help clinicians in communities across America preserve their autonomy, deliver better care to their patients, reduce overall costs, and keep independent physician practices flourishing.
What Does This Mean for You?
At Aledade, you will be part of a creative culture that is driven by a passion for tackling complex issues with respect, open-mindedness, and a desire to learn. You will work with team members that bring a wide range of experiences, interests, backgrounds, beliefs, and achievements to their work, united by a shared passion for public health and a commitment to the Aledade mission.
We’ve recently been recognized as a Top Workplace by The Washington Post, Best Workplace in HealthCare & Biopharma, Top 100 Best Small & Medium Workplaces, Glassdoor Best Places to Work, a Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation, a Tech Tribune 10 Best Tech Startups in Maryland and Bethesda, Best Tech for Good, Best Workplaces for Millennials, Best Workplaces for Women, Best Workplaces for Parents, Top Workplaces USA, and a Healthcare Industry Top Workplace.
That’s because the things that matter to you also matter to us!
In addition to time off to support work-life balance and enjoyment, we offer the following comprehensive benefits package designed for the needs of our full-time team-members:
Flexible work schedules and ability to work remotely available for many roles
Educational Assistant Program
Robust time off plan (21 days of PTO in your first year!)
Paid Volunteer Days
11 paid holidays
12 weeks paid Parental Leave for all new parents
6 weeks paid sabbatical
Health, dental and vision insurance paid up to 80% for employees, dependents, and domestic partners
401(k) with up to 4% match
Monthly cell phone stipend
Jeans everyday workplace
Gender neutral bathrooms
At Aledade, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them! We strive to attract, develop, and retain highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities where we live and work. Aledade is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment policies and decisions at Aledade are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.