To provide a well organized, smoothly functioning tutoring environment in which students can take full advantage of the instructional program and available research materials.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Distributes and collects workbooks, papers, and other materials or instruction.
2. Reads to students and listens to students read and participate in other forms of oral communication with students.
3. Operates and cares for equipment used in the classroom.
4. Participates in daily and long-range lesson and classroom planning.
5. Helps maintain individual records on each student.
6. Keeps bulletin boards and other classroom learning displays up to date.
7. Assumes responsibility for professional growth and development as it relates to the requirements of the position.
8. Assists students in the library or media center.
9. Checks notebooks, corrects papers, and supervises testing and make-up work, as assigned by the teacher.
10. Alerts the teacher to any problem or special information about an individual student.
11. Serves as the primary source of information and help for any substitute teacher assigned in the absence of the regular teacher.
12. Maintains the same level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students as is expected of the regular teacher.
13. Participates in in-service training as required by the district.
14. Interprets statements and questions of parents, teachers, therapists, and other form Navajo to English and English to Navajo.
15. Assists students by instructing reading, writing, and mathematics.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Associate’s Degree, 60 credit hours; or has passed the approved Para-Pro Test.
2. Bilingual (Navajo/English) preferred.
3. Able to demonstrate knowledge of and the ability to assist in instructing reading, writing, and mathematics.
4. Ability to work well with others.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development