To manage staffing activities associated within a designated region; and to partner with Operational management to formulate and execute timely, cost-effective staffing initiatives supporting the regional as well as corporate business objectives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identifies and cultivates sources for hiring experienced and entry level personnel through:
- Networking and Colleague Referrals.
- Development and utilization of Internet Mining technology and capabilities.
- Development and maintenance of a Competitor candidate information database.
- Development and initiation of a candidate relationship "pipeline management” strategy.
- Utilization of current and future staffing technology.
- Manages Recruiting budget for region through cost-effective advertisement and third-party recruiters.
- Screens, interviews and tests job applicants as required; maintains applicant database utilizing electronic recruiting system.
- Initiates and evaluates background checks for candidates being considered for hire.
- Coordinates on-boarding activities, including verbal offers, offer acceptance correspondence, start date and orientation scheduling.
- Coordinates and participates in Job Fairs and Open Houses designed to recruit volume resources.
- Supports IAP recruitment through college recruiting activities.
- Supports and provides training for the Colleague Resources Generalists in staffing techniques.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
- Travels as required.
Education & Licensing
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferred. PHR or SPHR Certification preferred.
Three (3) years of staffing experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required to include one (1) year as a direct recruiter in a high volume, difficult-to-source industry. Insurance industry recruiting experience is preferred.
Experience with Virtual Edge Candidate Management System is preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge of employment laws and practices
- Working knowledge of e-recruiting concepts and systems
- Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Nesco Resource and affiliates (Lehigh G.I.T Inc, and Callos Resource, LLC) is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.