Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Hollywood Casino Aurora, we think you'll enjoy an exciting industry, fast paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.Your daily responsibilities include:
- Responsible for supervising staff and the overall daily management of a designated shift in the Casino Operations department. Provides oversight for all games, game protection, and overall operation of the Table Games/Slots operations on their shift. Supports, administers, and manages operational goals and monitors achievements of performance and profit objectives.
- Adheres to scheduling and coordinates with manager regarding any concerns, with attention to guest satisfaction.
- May be responsible for assisting in the budget process for the department by providing recommendations; supports compliance to departmental budget initiatives; reports budget concerns to manager.
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with departmental and company standards and programs. Ensures customer service standards are followed by all team members and addresses issues as they arise.
- Provides oversight for the gaming floor on their assigned shift.
- Effectively handles customer concerns and requests.
- Monitors chips and cash transactions between dealers and customers and ensures that proper payout amounts are paid to customers.
- Responsible for the accountability of the chips, cards, dice, and all other gaming equipment.
- Verifies table inventories and effectively manages table limits.
- Assists with overall strategies for customer service, revenue growth, and expense management in order to maximize profitability.
- Assists with responsibility of the overall engagement of all team members on their shift by addressing and managing team member feedback, suggestions, complaints, and grievances.
- Assists with the overall integrity of daily Table Games and/or Slot operations.
- Responsible for staff development and training programs.
- Responsible for rewards and recognition program to maximize employee engagement.
- Evaluates team members within department and delivers constructive feedback to employees regarding performance.
- Provides recommendation for staffing (including interviewing and hiring) and scheduling (planning, assigning, and directing work) to meet business needs.
- Manages work procedures and expedites workflow.
- Provides recommendation for employee performance (disciplining, coaching, and counseling).
- Responsible for ensuring regulatory compliance within area of authority and reporting potential issues to management.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. / B.S.) from four-year college or university; or minimum of three years of experience in a comparable Table Games and/or Slots leadership position; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have thorough knowledge of all Table Games and Table Games/or Slots operations.
- Excellent skills in both written and oral communication.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel, Word) and have knowledge of Slot operating systems.
- Must have the ability to interact with guests, staff and colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Flexible to work all shifts including holidays, nights, weekends, as business needs dictate.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs.
This job does have supervisory responsibilities.
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in in English may also be required.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Employee must be able to qualify for certifications licenses and permits required by federal, state and local regulations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and peripheral vision.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and must have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud. Employee could be exposed to an environment containing unrestricted second hand tobacco smoke.Something to leave you with:
Whether you prefer being at the center of it all or working behind the scenes, there’s a role for you at Penn National Gaming. We are a growing company but as big as we are, we still feel like family. The areas of career opportunity with Penn are ideal for just about any skill set. Our company wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment anywhere within the organization.
New Hire Incentives & Benefits:
• Competitive Compensation
• Paid Time Off
• Medical, Dental & Vision for qualifying Team Members
• 401k Plan Options for qualifying Team Members
• Identify Theft Protection
• Travel & Legal Assistance
• Free Uniforms
• Retail & Penn National Gaming Discounts
• Barstool Sports Merch Discounts
• Team Member Appreciation Days
• Tuition & Gym Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Starting Salary:Starting from $56,000 annually, based on experience.