- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; works with others to coordinate efforts, influence and resolve cross-team issues and effectively communicate changes.
- A complete understanding of the systems engineering process from concept phase through systems test. Must be adept at: Architecture Development, Functional Analysis, Requirements Allocation & Traceability, Trade-off Studies, System Synthesis and System Evaluation (Integration & Verification Testing).
- Proven track record of success and experience in the architecture, design, analysis, integration, and test of NSA Approved Type 1 Certified systems or equipment.
- Ability to act as a single Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Information Assurance, Security, and Cryptography.
- Exceptional security architecture development skills; specifically including the ability to make complex design trade-offs affecting system security
- Experience negotiating security requirements with NSA Technical Evaluators.
- Experience with NSA TSRD, IASRD, and FSDA requirements and processes.
- Experience with development of NSA Security Evaluation Document (SED) CDRLs. Multiple programs is highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of Type 1, Suite A, Suite B, and Commercial Cryptographic algorithms (Symmetric and Asymmetric).
- Understanding of Key Management Systems including Electronic Key Management System (EKMS) and Key Management Infrastructure (KMI) as they impact the design of End Cryptographic Units (ECUs)
- Experience with Cybersecurity and Risk Management Framework
- Cybersecurity Credential (e.g., CISSP)
- Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) experience highly desirable
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering discipline, Master’s degree highly desired
- At least 6+ years’ experience in Systems Engineering of Information Assurance systems/products
- Willingness to travel up to 10% of time
- Active US Government security clearance (DOD SECRET minimum)