Requires a Bachelorâ€™s degree in Systems Engineering, or a related Science, Engineering or Mathematics field. Agile experience preferred.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required within a reasonable period of time. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.Responsibilities for this Position:
Help make the technologies, products and services that make a difference. Thatâ€™s the opportunity thatâ€™s waiting for you at General Dynamics Mission Systems. We help our nationâ€™s heroes keep our nation safe by creating solutions so advanced, they redefine innovation for the world. Itâ€™s an amazing challenge. And itâ€™s waiting for you now.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customersâ€™ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar space and everything in between.
Working successfully within a team, the Systems Engineer will participate in requirements analysis, requirements management, functional analysis, performance analysis, system design, trade studies, systems integration and test (verification) in the development and evaluation of networks and information systems.
What youâ€™ll experience:
- Technologies that arenâ€™t just top-notch, theyâ€™re often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring whatâ€™s next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as itâ€™s discovered
What you bring to the table:
- A Bachelorâ€™s degree in systems engineering, a related specialized area or field is required; Agile experience preferred
- Clear understanding of systems engineering concepts, principles and theories
- Familiarity with technical standards
What sets you apart:
- Creative thinking with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to quickly grasp and apply new information
- Strong initiative and professionalism on projects with increasing complexity
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Problem Solver
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran