TITLE: Systems Engineer - NMC
POSITION TYPE: Full-Time (W2)
LOCATION: Plano, TX
WorldLink is a rapidly growing information technology company at the forefront of technical revolution. From custom software development to cloud hosting, from big data to cognitive computing, we help companies harness and leverage today’s most cutting-edge digital technologies to create value and grow.
Collaborative. Respectful. Work hard Play hard. A place to dream and do. These are just a few words that describe what life is like at WorldLink. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning.
We take pride in our employees and their future with continued growth and career advancement. We put TEAM first. We are a competitive group that like to win. We're grounded by humility and driven by ambition. we're passionate, and we love tough problems and new challenges. You don't hear a lot of "I don't know how" or "I can't" at WorldLink. If you are passionate about what you do and having fun while doing it; tired of rigid and strict work environments and would like to work in a non-bureaucratic startup cultural environment, WorldLink may be the place for you.
For more information about our craft, visit https://worldlink-us.com.
WHO we’re looking for:
We are looking for a Systems Engineer - NMC who will be responsible for remotely executing mass software/firmware changes, parameter changes across both 4G and 5G technologies in a live network environment. Familiarity with Unix is a must. Most of the work will be in the Maintenance Window.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Knowledgeable on 4G and/or 5G 3GPP technologies
- Be able to review various Engineering MOPs and identify missing steps or issues if any
- Provide assistance to customers on maintenance window, support during network issues, parameter changes and SW upgrades.
- Possess the ability and flexibility to work 24X7 schedule and/or on-call environment
- Support Field, engineering, Lab, HQ, and RF Engineers with parameters changes, NBR adds, clearing alarms, etc.
- Lead issues to resolution, while maintaining professionalism in all communications with both internal and external contacts. This included multitasking and driving issues to resolution.
- Provide timely feedback on process/procedural improvements and operational inefficiencies.
- Complete tasks required to maintain service levels and availability of all site features and function.
- Responsible for routine or standard technical problems and responds to standard requests from internal and external customers.
- Ability to work under pressure and finish the work mistake free in the Maintenance Window
- Ability to execute scripts in CLI
Required Experience and Education:
- BS EE or CS required - with at least 5 years of telecom work experience
- Good knowledge of wireless network architecture concepts especially in RAN domain
- Good knowledge of UNIX/LINUX operating systems to be able to perform activities at the CLI level
- Good customer support experience
- The ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with multiple levels within the company and with external contacts
- Good analytical skills to investigate and evaluate trending data for issue resolution
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Necessary Skills and Attributes:
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to thrive in a team-based or independent environment.
- Detail-oriented with strong organization skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Limited supervision and the exercise of discretion.
- Be able to train provide guidance and support to other team members on, processes, tools, and new projects
- Be able to execute mass changes in the customers live network error free
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by contract employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the contract employee is occasionally required to stand, clean, crawl, kneel, sit, sort, hold, squat, stoop, stand, twist the body, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs or ladders and scaffolding, talk or hear, and lift up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
WHAT we’ll bring:
During your interview process, our team can fill you in on all the details of our industry-competitive benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
- Medical Plans
- Dental Plans
- Vision Plan
- Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Critical Illness/ Accident/ Hospital Indemnity/ Identity Theft Protection
WHAT you should know:
Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences. WorldLink is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All employment at WorldLink is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We endeavor to continue our footprint as a diverse organization by highlighting opportunities for all people. WorldLink considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, (including pregnancy and gender identity), age, national origin, political affiliation, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. People with disabilities who need assistance with any part of the application process should contact us.
This job description is designed to cover the main responsibilities and duties of the role but is not designed to be a comprehensive list of all.