Model Based Systems Engineer/MBSE Position Description:
Be part of a fast-paced, high energy, team as an early adopter and leader in the digital transformation of systems engineering. To engineer increasingly complex systems and capabilities, the government is transforming legacy systems engineering methods and processes. Central to the transformation is the adoption of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) as the means to manage complexity, increase engineering quality, and ultimately drive cost and schedule efficiencies into the acquisition process.
As an industry leader in systems engineering, ARCFIELD is actively hiring MBSE modelers and subject matter experts to drive this transformation across the government. ARCFIELD is seeking candidates who can help lead the transformation through application of MBSE industry best practices, develop MBSE processes and methodologies to deliver effective mission solutions, and apply MBSE experience to modeling mission systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for participating in the adoption of MBSE in both customer and company domains.
- Assess engineering artifacts and develop models of mission systems using a MBSE tool suite that includes DOORS Next Generation, Rhapsody and other COTS tools.
- Apply systems engineering modeling methodologies to develop mission models. Demonstrated experience with UPDM or UAF meta-model frameworks is desired.
- Define and demonstrate the appropriate data standards, data structures, and supporting COTS, GOTS, and Open Source technologies required to manage the data needs. These items are technical resources in the development of customer mission-based models to support major acquisitions.
- Integrate enterprise tools and develop MBSE-based processes to support requirements engineering, the customer's ERB process, CONOPS and architecture development, Risk, Issues and Opportunity Management boards, schedule management, test and verification strategy development, and system integration of new initiatives in support of expanded mission capabilities.
- Facilitate collaborative meetings between the MBSE users and the tool development team to communicate modeling needs and help innovate potential solutions.
- Provides technical advice and guidance to senior managers regarding the creation and implementation of new MBSE methods and techniques.
- Requires 8 to 10 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD.
- Must have a current and active TS/SCI with Polygraph.
- BS in engineering, physics, programming or related technical degree.
- Should understand how system requirements, design, analysis, verification and validation activities are enabled by MBSE across the digital thread (the engineering lifecycle). Foundational to MBSE are tools, technologies, and methodologies that can collectively be called digital engineering.
- The selected candidate should demonstrate experience with industry MBSE tools and modeling methodologies to successfully produce systems engineering models.
- Demonstrated knowledge and practical application of UML / SysML modeling languages and experience applying this common structure to an MBSE solution.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using a Rhapsody, MagicDraw or other UML based Architecture modeling tools.
- Knowledge of standard DoDAF architectural frameworks to include UPDM and/or UAF.
- Experience with systems engineering processes in support of system life cycle development.
- Basic knowledge of architecture, requirements engineering, CONOPS development, verification, test and system integration to accommodate End to End Systems Engineering.
- Experience in MBSE implementation ranging from conceptual to physical implementations; including Data Modeling, Data Ingest, and model query.
- Demonstrated communication skills especially with tools developers and senior government officials.