The Systems Engineer Intern will create a systems architectural concept then design and deploy that content with PLC’s, SCADA software, and database design as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create, modify, debug PLC software, and understand the various communication networks used.
- Write query’s to retrieve data from databases.
- Create, modify, and debug SCADA software.
- Assist in the design and direct personnel in fabrication of control apparatus and equipment. Determine methods, procedures, and conditions for testing products such as generators, transformers, control devices, motors, conveyor belts, and relays.
- Develop applications of controls, instruments, and systems for industrial uses, including motors and conveyance systems; directing activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operation conform to functional specifications and customer requirements.
- Participate in team project meetings.
- Track project schedules, project budgets, responsibilities of work, and total team change updates.
- Will coordinate with contractors.
- Conduct activities in a safe and healthy manner and work in accordance with established safety and company requirements.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote a positive working environment in order to achieve the organization’s goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work is performed in an office and uncontrolled atmosphere. Exposure to harsh conditions are possible for short period time—such as: dust, fumes, chemicals, hazardous materials, noise, and varying weather and temperatures. Must be able to travel to jobsites both domestically and internationally; living accommodations in some foreign assignments may not meet expected U.S. standards. All employees are required to follow safety standards and wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands and fingers, grip, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear; and work in a consistent state of alertness and in a safe manner. Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs. on a regular basis is required.
SKILL/ KNOWLEDGE/ ABILITY/ EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field is required.
- Experience with Database programming is preferred.
- Basic understanding of AutoCAD preferred.
- Computer programming and web based programing language knowledge is preferred.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and hands-on experience is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written is required.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required.
- Computer skills and an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows based programs are required.
- Ability to work flexible hours and some weekend work may be required.
- Requires effective time management skills, personal conduct, and change management abilities.
- Ability to effectively interact with co-workers, clients, vendors, and other business contacts.
- Must comply with Roeslein & Associate’s core values for the safe and efficient operation of the business and maintain sound relationships among and with employees.