Job Title: Systems Engineer II
Location: Richardson, TX
Job ID: #64366
Citizenship Requirement: U.S. Citizen
Min years of experience: 2- 5 years’ Experience
Degree Requirements: Bachelor’s degree (typically in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM))
- As a Systems Engineer II, you will work on projects spanning the entire development lifecycle, including pursuit and order capture, requirements development, system design, software/hardware development & integration and Systems Test &Verification/Validation.
- The candidate will work closely with other systems engineers, software, hardware, and support staff to ensure defined requirements are consistently met in all phases of the product lifecycle.
- Decompose customer specifications to develop system, sub-system and WRA level requirements, including allocation and traceability, in an MBSE environment.
- Model the architecture (physical and logical) as well as the behavior at the system, sub-system and WRA level.
- Develop verification test procedures at the system, sub-system and WRA levels.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure that scope, cost and schedule meets internal goals and fully satisfies external contractual commitments.
- Recommend new approaches, tools and techniques that drive continuous improvement in technical development processes.
- This position may require 10 to 20% travel
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of prior relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 6 years of relevant experience is required
- Engineering/Other Technical Positions: Bachelor’s degree (typically in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)) and a minimum of 2 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations
- Experience in defining system level design and creating the system, subsystem, item and element requirements including traceability.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have or be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) securityclearance.Candidateselected will be subject to a government securityinvestigation/reinstatementand must meet eligibility requirements
- Experience with Model-Based System Engineering (MBSE) design tools (Enterprise Architect, Cameo, or equivalent) using SysML.
- Knowledge of simulation tools (e.g., MATLAB, Simulink) to support trade-off analysis.
- Recent experience and expertise in Atlassian (e.g. JIRA/Bamboo) suite of tools.
- Experience with embedded (low-level) software development, application software development, and/or hardware development.
- Strong understanding of waterfall and Agile development processes.
- Active US DoD Top Secret Clearance preferred.
Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is proud to provide an equal opportunity workplace and be an affirmative action employer. Consider Butler because we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We recognize that we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and the communities where we are located. Employment with Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is governed on the basis of qualifications and competence without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.