Where applicable, confirmation that you meet customer requirements for facility access which may include proof of vaccination and/or attestation and testing, unless an accommodation has been approved.
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
ManTech is seeking a motivated, mission oriented System Engineer in the Chantilly, VA area, with strong customer relationships. You will be a member of a small Agile team of senior technologists working together in a highly collaborative environment. Duties to include design, document, implement, troubleshooting, maintaining, managing, and testing our reference architecture consisting of Windows Server, Red Hat Linux, Virtual Servers and Desktop Infrastructure, and core applications and services based on those platforms. Key technology areas include, VMware vCenter infrastructure, Windows Server 2019, DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, Group Policies, Public Key Infrastructure, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Internet Information Server, WSUS, HPAC Secure Printing, Scripting via various languages including PowerShell, and HP Blade Servers and HP Storage Area Networks in a distributed and virtualized IT environment. The ideal candidate will also possess experience with cloud technologies, automation through infrastructure as code, RMF/JSIG assessment and authorization as well.
The System Engineer will:
- Serve as a recognized professional authority in one engineering discipline or specialty area.
- Conduct design studies, prepare and present findings to team and stakeholders.
- Contribute to systems philosophy and design objectives.
- Analyze and resolve issues with the architecture and resolve security and capability gaps.
- Assure continuity of design features from concept to implementation.
- Research new technologies for possible inclusion into the reference architecture that includes leading an analysis of alternatives, developing use cases and presenting findings.
- Work closely with security professionals to achieve and maintain security requirements.
- Need to ensure system design is properly documented and assist with technology transfer of the solution to the implementers.
- Demonstrate the ability to make decisions independently, resolve important questions, plan and coordinate work.
- Provide SME input to the customer and PM in support project.
- Support technology evaluations, participation at meetings, coordination with related Government and performer organizations, program planning, background research, meeting preparation, and presentation production.
- Provide inputs to the PM, assisting in responses to internal/external inquiries related to the project.
- Act as the SME in areas that are not primarily within their technical domain but are pertinent to the new concepts/initiatives the project may be pursuing.
- Participate in technical reviews of these activities, and assistance with technical evaluation and independent assessments of the concepts and related technologies.
- Prepare briefings, reports, and other related documentation/data to support the development and approval of these activities.
- Present at technical exchange meetings, conferences and training sessions.
- B.S. Degree or higher in Computer Science or similar Engineering discipline
- 10+ years for experience
- Extensive experience with MS Office, Excel, Word, Visio, and PowerPoint
- Strong written and oral communication skills, detail oriented, strong organizational skills
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities
- Excellent attention to details and diligent adherence to deadlines and deliverables
- A high-level performer with the ability to be proactive and respond rapidly to changing conditions in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience with providing analysis and support to science and technology or advance research and development programs preferred
- Must possess DoD 8570 IAT-II certification
- Must possess DoD 8570 computing environment certification
- Experience with Agile Scrum Methodology
Security Clearance Requirements:
- TS/SCI adjudicated in last 6 years. Willingness to submit for CI Polygraph.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position up to 75% of the time
- Must be able to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery
- Must be able to position self to maintain office supplies on variable height shelving.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers, management and customers, which may involve delivering presentations.
- Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
- Must be able to observe and detect employee deviations from established policy
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.