TDIndustries has an exciting opportunity for a Systems Engineer as a subject matter expert in our Virtual Service Center supporting our Smart Building Services. To be considered for this position, you must have demonstrated knowledge of HVAC mechanical systems, building automation, electrical systems, Central Utility Plant, and Energy Management. Also, you must enjoy working with diverse groups of people as this is a customer-facing Role.Company Overview:
Established in 1946, TDIndustries has developed into one of America's premier Mechanical Construction and Facility Services companies serving clients through the full life-cycle of a facility, to include engineering, construction, operations and maintenance. For 70 years, our employee-owned company has provided innovative services that optimize the performance of world-class mechanical and electrical systems that serve healthcare facilities, hotels, schools, sports arenas, mission critical facilities and industrial complexes and other essential institutions.
Our employees, whom we call “Partners” are the heart of our success and what sets us apart from our competitors. FORTUNE Magazine recognized TDIndustries as one of the "100 Best Places to Work", "Top 50 Training Organizations" and "Top 30 Companies to Retire From" due to our solid commitment to the personal and professional development of each employee.Essential Duties:
- Technical support by daily analysis of technology platforms installed at projects in Texas and Arizona.
- Knowledge of building operations, central chillers, boiler plants, pumping systems, air distribution, and zone equipment.
- Analytical review of building & system performance and the relation to utility savings.
- Remote evaluation of diagnostics to troubleshoot and make recommendations.
- Work with the Customer and Sales to develop proposals on recommended repairs including Energy Conservation Measures.
- Engineering Degree is highly preferred
- District Cooling Experience
- Energy System upgrade/retrofit: cost analysis, design, and project management
- 3-5 years as a Field Applications Engineer with exceptional communication skills and technical know-how.
- 10-15 Years of Commercial and Industrial HVAC equipment and systems knowledge with a wide area of experience with brands and systems
- Ability to think “outside the box” to develop a solution to modify and/or optimize the operation that will potentially improve equipment life, improve holistic system efficiency, and reduce operating cost.
- Practical experience operating HVAC chiller plants and building control systems.
- Good theoretical and practical knowledge of building systems technologies. (E.g. BTU and electric meters, electrical distribution, building controls, Industrial and Commercial HVAC systems & automation, internet communications technologies.
- Knowledge and experience in Central chilled water and boiler, Hot Water, and Steam plant systems.
- Energy and Systems assembly and analysis of site-specific data to model and improve an existing system’s functionality to improve comfort and/or reduce energy consumption without affecting the site-specific requirements or deliverable.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills, teaching skills.
- Problem-solving skills with a focus on details.
- Analytical and accurate.
- Ability to assemble, organize, and manage small to medium size projects.