Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent experience is required plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree.
Department of Defense TS/SCI security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Help make the technologies, products and services that make a difference. That’s the opportunity that’s waiting for you at General Dynamics Mission Systems. We help our nation’s heroes keep our nation safe by creating solutions so advanced, they redefine innovation for the world. It’s an amazing challenge. And it’s waiting for you now.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers’ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar and everything in between.
Utilizing your strong analytical and problem-solving skills, you’ll serve as a front-line interface to users with technical issues by conducting systems analysis and development to keep systems current with changing technologies. Your duties may include installing new software, troubleshooting, granting permissions to applications and training users. You’ll also be responsible for the day-to-day support of server services by performing server administration for physical and virtual server operating systems and configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting of physical and virtual hardware and network related interfaces on servers. And, you’ll perform OS and vendor software patching on servers and monitor physical and virtual servers performance using monitoring tools.
What you’ll experience:
- Technologies that aren’t just top-notch, they’re often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what’s next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as it’s discovered
What you bring to the table:
- Strong troubleshooting skills within the servers OS as well as both networking and storage technologies
- Good understanding of server based operating systems
- Hands-on experience deploying and supporting large-scale enterprise server solutions
What sets you apart:
- Creative thinking with the ability to multi-task
- Team player who thrives in collaborative environments and revels in team success
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows Server 2016 and 2019 set up, deployment and maintenance
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows 7 and 10 set up, deployment and maintenance
- Proficient with Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy Management, DNS, and DHCP
- Experience with configuring and troubleshooting switches and firewalls
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Experience with compliance controls: STIGs (Security Technical Implementation Guides), RMF (Risk Management Framework), DFARS (Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement), NIST SP 800-171, NIST SP 800-53
- CISSP, Security +, or equivalent certification
NOTE: This position is 'on site' in San Jose, CA
Minimum Salary:USD $102,500.00/Yr.Maximum Salary:USD $112,500.00/Yr.Salary Note:This estimate represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors (geographic location, etc.). Actual pay may vary.Company Overview:
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran