SUPERVISOR II OPERATIONS
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Responsible for supervising, developing, managing and motivating colleagues involved in back office operations under the guidance of an Operations Manager or Group Manager. Responsible for ensuring the operational integrity of assigned function and adherence to Bank policies and procedures. Responsible for building and maintaining relationships with internal and external customers while providing exemplary customer service.
Banking and Investment Services Division
Banking and Investment Services plays an integral role in leading the strategic vision and execution of all banking operations. Our servicing and operations professionals partner closely with all of our lines of business to carry out critical functions, including client/deposit servicing, contact center operations, payments processing, and trade and lending operations, while identifying and mitigating risk throughout the organization. Servicing and operations professionals seek to transform and define an integrated support model through automation and cutting-edge digital technologies, to deliver an excellent experience for our clients and businesses.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
Primary function of Central Operations -Compliance Support Role includes:
* Manages various regulatory requirement functions and forms to comply with IRS regulations including daily, monthly, and annual operational processes of Forms W8, W9, 1042-S and 1099, and invoking and releasing IRS backup withholding on deposit accounts and monitoring IRS B and C notices, and TEFRA balancing, NRA withholding and remittance. Assisting with the mailing and corrections of year-end 1098/1099, B-notices mailing.
* Management of Escheat process including researching, monitoring, reporting, and remittance of unclaimed property to their respective States to comply with Unclaimed Property Laws including activation of dormant and escheat suspect accounts. And other regulatory reporting functions including remittance of Interest On Lawyer Trust Accounts (IOLTA/IOLA) and reporting of Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF) to the State Bar as applicable.
* Knowledgeable with IRS regulations, Unclaimed Property Laws, and other regulatory requirements to provide guidance to the team and ensure compliance with regulations and deadlines.
* Supervises the daily activities of assigned functional area; prioritizing; completing multiple activities; resolves problems as they arise.
* Supervises, trains, coaches and motivates staff; assists and directs staff as needed to ensure productivity and service levels are met.
* Ensures activities are in compliance with legal/regulatory requirements and CNB policy and procedure.
* Proactively identifies, researches and recommends policies and procedures changes to to meet regulatory requirements, reduce costs, streamline operations and/or increase efficiency.
* Participates in and completes bank-wide projects.
* Integrates activities with other departments to accomplish common goals.
* Has signing authority for approving deposits, transfers, and other operational work within approved limits.
* Maintains up-to-date knowledge of Bank policies and procedures.
* Serves as resource to internal and external customers; ensures quality customer service and effective and efficient operational support.
* Applies both technical and general business knowledge to resolve the most complex issues in assigned function.
* Ensures assigned employees are in compliance with specified CNB compliance guidelines.
* Prepares, monitors and manages budget for assigned function.
* Clearly communicates ideas and concepts both orally and in writing.
* Under the direction of management, performs human resource duties, including hiring, firing, performance reviews and counseling.
* Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
* Responsible and accountable for appropriate quality controls related to the financial products the bank provides, the services the bank delivers, the processes employed and the incentives with which colleagues are awarded.
* All City National products, financial solutions and services are to be provided ethically and with integrity in a manner that is consistent with the client-first culture and values embodied in City National’s PRIDE statement.
Banking & Invest Services
Position may work in one or more of the following:
Card Operations Roles:
-Effectively supervise all aspects of Card Operations administration, finance, and quality control functions
-Review approved boarded credit card applications, account transactions, file maintenance, disputes, monetary adjustments, and re-orders for accuracy and timeliness
-Oversee individual and team productivity by maintaining QC tracking and reporting to ensure output is at required Service Level Agreement
-Review approved applications and the setup of the account for accuracy of information entered in the system
-Responsible for completing team meetings, setting team goals, ensuring the feedback that is provided is accurate, timely and complete; provides the guidance necessary to ensure colleagues accomplish their goals.
-Proficiency with credit card platforms, regulations, and associations
Deposit Services Roles:
-Effectively supervise all aspects of assigned business unit within Deposit Services administration, finance, and quality control functions
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
* Minimum 7 years of Banking Services experience
* Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience
Skills and Knowledge
* Ability to perform functional duties and related positions with minimal supervision.
* Ability to interact effectively with all levels of Bank personnel and customers; excellent verbal and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal/customer service skills; knowledge of regulatory requirements and bank policies and procedures.
* PC skills required.
* Ability to handle problem situations with colleagues and clients effectively.
Starting base salary: $75,048 - $94,552 per year. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
Positions based in New York City: In order to work on-site at City National Bank in New York City, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, per city requirements. Shortly after your start date, you will be required to attest to your vaccination status and will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
Source : City National Bank