Job Title – Supply Chain - Production Planner
Location - San Diego, CA
Duration – 7+ Months Contract
Total Hours/week - 40.00
MUST BE LOCAL. Will not consider anyone that isn't local.
Work hours: 40 hrs. a week, Hybrid - (Tue & Wed Office)
3 Must haves on the resume:
o Analytical skills
o Production planning experience
o Capacity Analysis experience
Responsible for the conversion of a rough-cut capacity master production schedule into a detailed production plan, after analysis of material availability and manufacturing capacity in support of reagent manufacturing.
- Create/release production orders and partner closely with Manufacturing, Quality, Master Data, Customer Service and Logistics in the prioritization and expediting of the orders. Key contact responsible for the accurate reporting of product status for sales orders. Full ownership of products from beginning of order release until products are in stock.
- Provide data for Key Performance Metrics (root causes of order issues, excess &expired inventory, schedule compliance, % of repeated orders, projected inventory at risk/stock loss, etc.).
- Communicate significant current/potential supply performance problems (capacity imbalance, noncompliant material, material shortage, supplier delays etc.) to Supply Chain network and operations.
- Balance capacity of work center with material availability/location/expiry. Maximize the use of material to minimize excess inventory and scrap by monitoring impact of material volume purchases, expiration dating, production yields and sales forecast changes.
- Provide feedback to Marketing in forecast projection for specific dye production.
- Responsible for determining feasibility, providing lead times and complying with quoted lead times of Make To Order jobs completion.
- Responsible for the purchasing of raw material components, working closely with suppliers on delivery schedule, invoice reconciliations, and material issues.
- Accountable for setting up purchasing master data info records and maintenance in SAP as required.
- Performs supply chain and supply chain functions, such as material procurement, production planning, inventory control, outsourcing, vendor selection and distribution. Creates integrated processes among internal functions (e.g., operations, purchasing and Supply Chain) and outside suppliers.
- Responsible for managing and analyzing data to improve the overall supply chain process. Accountable for the design and execution of demand planning and customer forecasting systems. Also is accountable to manage and perform S&OP process
- Firming Production Orders and managing maintaining MRP
- May include complex planning requirements such has Custom and MTO Orders/Processes
- Cross Functional activity with operations, procurement, customer service and regional supply chain
- Create reports to help support process improvement, analytics and general performance related directly or indirectly to supply chain and/or operations
- Leads and or participates in key projects as SME and drives continuous improvements
2-5 Years’ experience in supply chain or operations
SAP, Microsoft Office, Database tools
Bachelor Degree in a relevant discipline
CPIM a plus