Mission, Vision & Values:
UAB Medicinersquo;s mission is to deliver world-class patient care to the residents of Alabama and beyond, advance medical science through pioneering research, and train the sharpest medical minds. We expect all employees to adhere to our core values of Always Care, Own It, Work Together, and Do Right. UAB Medicinersquo;s Mission, Vision & Values can be found here: https://www.uabmedicine.org/about
To supervise and evaluate pharmaceutical services in an assigned area. To ensure pharmacy operations conform to all applicable internal and external regulations, are fiscally sound and promote quality patient care. Provides pharmaceutical care as needed.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Oversees the daily activities of assigned team. Supervises subordinate staff including work allocation, scheduling and evaluating performance. Administers disciplinary actions as needed.
2. Evaluates appropriateness of new medication orders.
3. Participates in performance improvement activities including medication use evaluation. Ensures compliance with all federal, state and JCAHO standards, policies and procedures governing controlled substances.
4. Provides drug information to other healthcare providers, patients and families.
5. Performs duties of a pharmacist as needed.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
Salary Range: %24109,250.00 - %24177,530.00
Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy and two (2) years of experience required. Work experience may NOT substitute for education requirement. Currently licensed or eligible to be licensed as a Licensed Pharmacist by the Alabama Board of Pharmacy (ALBOP) required.
Primary Location: UAB Hospital
Job Category: Pharmacy
Organization: 707501000 Pharmacy-Hospital
Employee Status: Regular