The Study Coordinator I will support the clinical research team in multiple studies on the use of diabetes technology in the adult and older adult population, including studies deploying various interventions using telehealth, as well as a study on the impact of aging on people with insulin dependent diabetes. The study coordinator will help with recruitment of study participants, obtain informed consent, and report of study participants’ progress to PI. The coordinator will also assist with data collection in the form of questionnaires and interviews; some of this collected data will be transcribed and coded for analysis. They will also help keep regulatory information up to date for the Joslin Internal Review Board (IRB) and the Committee on Human Studies (CHS).
- Participate in meetings with clinical research team (MD, RN, RD, Study Coordinators, Research Assistants, Project Managers) to discuss clinical intervention plan for individual study participant when necessary
- As directed by clinical research team, facilitate implementation of clinical intervention plan for individual study participants by mobilizing community/family resources and educating caregivers when necessary
- Assess progress in implementation of clinical intervention plan by periodically contacting study participants via phone or e-mail. Report findings to clinical research team
- Maintain organized, up-to-date, accurate records of all study visits and contacts in study notebook and by entering data into study database
- Assist in medical record query from Joslin electronic medical record, followed by data organization and preparation for analysis
- Transcribe, organize and code psychosocial and medical data collected from study participants
- Assist with the preparation of oral presentations and written research reports
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in the behavioral/social or biological science or related science
- Previous research experience involving human subjects and IRB/CHS required
- Ability to speak on one-to-one basis to interact with study participants to collect study data
- Ability to establish rapport with participants to assess progress in implementation of clinical intervention plan
- Ability to instruct study participants on the use of a mobile phone and application
- Act at all times with the highest degree of sensitivity, respect, and confidentiality towards research patients and their families as well as the research team and clinical providers.
- Demonstrated understanding of HIPAA requirements with respect to patient confidentiality
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- After training, ability to navigate Joslin’s electronic medical record (EMR) and RedCap
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of study participants and study data
Joslin Diabetes Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is the policy of Joslin to prohibit discrimination of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, marital/parental status, disability status, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.