The Student Catering/Concessions Service Worker is responsible for event set-up, transporting equipment and food to the event/game location, serving guests during the event,sales at concession stands, and breaking down/cleaning up after the event/game. The Student Catering Service Worker must be a student at Kent State University. Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by location based on client requirements and business needs.
• Expected to have a professional appearance: black button updress shirt, black dress pants - no yoga/workout pants - black non-slip shoes
• Provides excellent customer service, anticipating guests' needs
• Maintains a positive attitude towards guests, customers, clients, co-workers, etc.
• Adheres to Kent State University’s safety policies and procedures including proper food safety and sanitation
• Set up of catering service according to client/customer requests and catering event orders
• Set up of concessions according to scheduled games and events
• Maintains appearance and cleanliness of food service areas during event
• Serves food and beverage to guests
• Replenishes food and beverage product during event
• Ensures security of company assets
• Breaks down and cleans food service areas and equipment post event; returns equipment to proper storage area
• Work autonomously at concession stands
• Run cash register
• Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager
• Demonstrates excellent customer service skills
• Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
• Working knowledge of food safety principles and procedures
• Requires frequent lifting of up to 25 lbs.
• Must be available to work flexible hours