Job Title: Strategic Planner (Sustainable Fisheries)
Location: Silver Spring, MD, Pascagoula, MS Gloucester, MA and St. Petersburg, FL
Clearance Required: Public Trust Eligible
IBSS is seeking a strategic planner to provide strategic planning and performance measurement support to the NOAA Office of Sustainable Fisheries. If you are looking to be an instrumental part of a growing, employee and customer-focused company working on exciting issues in environmental science and other marine/coastal resources we want to hear from you!
- Assist with OSF performance management, including analyses, quarterly reporting, performance measure development, milestone development, and resource allocations to align with organizational goals and outcomes.
- Provide executive strategic planning, controlled correspondence support.
- Research and conduct data analysis to prepare documents for directors, division chiefs, and working groups review.
- File and retrieve agency records, documents, and reports
- Coordinate the development and implementation of rollout plans for Office of Sustainable Fisheries actions.
- Work with current communications staff to revise, organize, write/edit web content and maintain websites using a content management system; review current website designs for user friendliness and make recommendations for improvement.
- Identify opportunities to insert SF messages into NOAA Fisheries activities.
- Facilitate the development of roll out plans and support their management through the review process.
- Support the review/editing of key agency reports (i.e., Status of Stocks) as needed and draft language for outreach materials such as rollout plans, web pages, & social media. 8
- Support the management of the layout of same reports and associated outreach materials.
- Provide executive strategic planning support.
- Support the coordination of responses to external taskers, including coordinating with relevant regional offices and science centers, as needed.
- Manage agendas and appointments for SF leadership.
- Record meeting minutes.
- File and retrieve agency records, documents, and reports.
- Research and conduct data to prepare documents for review of the director, division chiefs, and working groups.
Required Skills /Education/ Certifications & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Marine Sciences or related field
- 1-3 years experience in relevant field
- Program planning and management in a team environment
- Developing performance metrics and milestones
- Working with diverse interagency teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Developing and monitoring resource investment strategies
- Working with marine fisheries information programs or other science-based programs
- Dashboard data analytics
About IBSS Corp.
IBSS is a Woman-Owned business. Since 1992, IBSS has provided specialized professional, scientific, technical, cybersecurity, IT, and software engineering solutions to the Federal sector. Our clients include the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), the Department of Defense (DoD), and the Department of Justice (DOJ). We are committed to serving our clients and employees by delivering service excellence, creating value through technology, and continually improving our skills, services, and processes. Moreover, we maintain an ISO 9001:2015 certification which allows us to optimize current industry best practices to enhance delivery outcomes for our clients.
IBSS offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage with company-paid deductible, paid time off, federal holidays, matching 401K plan, tuition/professional development reimbursement, and Flex-Spending (FSA)/Dependent Care Account (DCA) options.
IBSS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.