Please note: This is a role that is expected to begin in December 2022 timeframe.
At Noblis and Noblis ESI, we have excellent teams of smart, collaborative, proactive experts and professionals. We are actively seeking to identify personnel to join our team of talented professionals who possess the experience, vision, commitment, and integrity to successfully support the strategic goals of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology Directorate (S&T) Office of Mission & Capability Support (MCS).
The recently passed Critical Infrastructure Bill HR 3684 (the Infrastructure and Investment Jobs Act) explicitly identifies five areas of federal investment, and funding from this bill bolsters ongoing efforts in these areas. Research and development programs to develop technology in these areas will be funded and directed by the DHS S&T. These areas include:
- Special event risk assessments rating planning tools;
- Electromagnetic pulse and geo-magnetic disturbance resilience capabilities;
- Positioning, navigation, and timing capabilities;
- Public safety and violence prevention to evaluate soft target security, including countering improvised explosive device events and protection of U.S. critical infrastructure; and
- Research supporting security testing capabilities relating to telecommunications equipment, industrial control systems, and open source software.
New teammates will support these efforts, as well as augment our existing team working on rapidly developing technology in response to evolving threats.
DHS S&T was established by Congress to provide innovative scientific and technical solutions to the nation's homeland security challenges. Within S&T, MCS executes Research, Development, Test and Evaluation (RDT&E) to transition solution approaches, technologies, and knowledge products in support of DHS Component customers including U.S. Coast Guard (USCG), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Customs and Border Protection (CBP), U.S. Secret Service, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), Federal, State, Local Tribal and Territorial (FSLTT) first responders, and the larger Homeland Security Enterprise (HSE). MCS covers all DHS mission areas and serves 13 discrete customer portfolios.
The Communications and Technical writing team supports the DHS Science and Technology Directorate as part of a multidisciplinary team of high-performance professionals tackling the client's most vexing technical and technological challenges, and developing solutions to meet homeland security threats. Communication regarding these efforts is of critical importance, from congressional justifications and hearings, to blog posts and websites, to the development and execution of strategic communication plans. The communications team develops material to support all of the offices within the Science and Technology Directorate, but works particularly closely with senior leadership within the organization.
The responsibilities of these team members may include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and executing strategic communication plans.
- Assisting with tracking, monitoring and providing status reports on legislative activities in Congress and State governments as appropriate. This support includes monitoring legislation and hearings or helping to edit and assemble background materials for briefing books.
- Provide technical writing support, including gathering, analyzing, and composing complex technical information. Conducts research and ensures the use of proper technical terminology.
- Translating technical information into clear, readable documents to be used by technical and non-technical personnel.
- Organizing material and writes descriptive copy according to establish standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology. Selects photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate material.
- Sending and tracking correspondence with clients, speakers, participants, stakeholders.
- Developing and collating contributions for program and project-level briefings.
- Facilitating review and public release of program documentation.
- Conducting outreach and providing responses that promote continued communications with internal and external stakeholders.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor’s and 5+ years of experience or Master’s and 3+ years of experience.
- Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Applicants selected must be eligible to receive DHS Suitability.
- Demonstrated strong technical writing skills, targeting both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated experience writing concise and clear copy according to established standards.
- Experience providing direct or consultant support to major programs or offices which require varying types of strategic and local communications.
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships.
- Strong project management skills.
- Experience and proficiency working with MS Office (Word, Project, Excel and PowerPoint) and collaboration sites (MS SharePoint).
- Excellent communication, written, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects which includes prioritizing, tracking, attention to detail, follow-up and follow-through to project completion.
- Flexibility/Adaptability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience providing consistent and clear communication with program managers and leadership.
- Experience supporting DoD and/or DHS components (e.g., TSA, CBP, FPS, NPPD, DNDO/CWMD, USCG, ICE).
- Experience developing communications materials for publication, internet, strategic initiatives, user manuals, training materials, installation guides, functional system descriptions, special reports, white papera, reports, etc.
- Experience creating and managing content on networks and web platforms (e.g. social media).
- Experience in designing, implementing, and managing/executing strategic communication plans, initiatives, and campaigns.
- Knowledge and experience with print and electronic media campaigns.
- Experience with stakeholder engagement and management.
- Experience providing web publishing support including creating/updating web publishing Standard Operating Procedures, preferably for DHS.
- Demonstrated excellence with Microsoft Office.
- Candidates with DHS Suitability are strongly preferred.
Client Engagement• Begin developing relationships one level up and two levels down. Identify and support opportunities to expand project scope beyond current deliverable and actively share information about clients’ emerging support needs and trends with team members and management. · Participate on proposals
With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. Noblis seeks an environment free from COVID-19 and prefers all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Attestation of vaccination status will be required for employment with Noblis. Unvaccinated employees may be subject to additional health and safety requirements to include any federal, state and/or client restrictions.
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiaries, Noblis ESI, Noblis MSD and Noblis + Mikros Systems tackle the nation's toughest problems and apply advanced solutions to our clients' most critical missions. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise together in an environment of independence and objectivity to deliver enduring impact on federal missions. Noblis works with a wide range of government clients in the defense, intelligence and federal civil sectors. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public. Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace.
Noblis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race (as well as because of or on the basis of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture, hair type, and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Noblis is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Noblis will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.