The Strategic Account Manager (SAM) is the first point of contact and expands relationships with new strategically important regional and national clients. The SAM is responsible for achieving and exceeding sales quota and assigned strategic account objectives. They represent the entire range of company services to assigned clients, have experience prospecting and selling as a value-added partner to end users and 3rd party management clients regionally and nationally. The SAM is responsible for providing comprehensive data on client sales and strategy. The SAM has a proven networking group to help leverage your efforts. They take pride in growing a territory, building relationships, being the face of SOLID in their respective market(s), and driving results. They are a hunter. They shall lead the company in creating new opportunities with a vision that best maximizes the relationship and protects our clients’ assets
- Willing to learn SOLID’s business from the ground up – Become EXPERT in all services
- Develop list of top 150 pursuits in conjunction with sales leadership
- Meet pursuits for first appointments to establish relationships and lead to demonstrations
- Lead demonstrations of our services per week for top targets to advance pursuits to the proposal stage
- Create proposals for new/additional work
- Meet annual net new revenue targets
- Meet annual sales targets
- Utilize creative CRM tool (Salesforce) to reporting status
Primary Annual Performance Measurements:
- Net New Revenue ($1m to $3m)
- Net New Sales ($1m to $4m)
- # of First Appointments (3 to 5 top 20 targets per week)
- # of Demonstrations (1 to 5 per week)
- # of Proposals (3 to 5 proposals per week)
- The caliber person sought inherently possess the skills to navigate personality types, etc.
- The ability to work under pressure to meet set goals and deadlines
- Analytical skills and attention to detail
- Success calling on facility management professionals and 3rd party management companies who oversee O&M budgets
- Mastery of negotiation skills; comfortable selling to different personality types
- Extensive experience selling to multi-channel retailers and “C” level buyers (CEO, CMO, CIO, CFO, Department Directors, etc.)
- Membership in professional trade organizations, having served on committees and boards (IFMA, BOMA, CREW, ALA, CoreNet Global)
- Salesforce experience is a plus
- Travel >50% of time
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- A minimum of 5+ years of complex sophisticated solution selling with a sales cycle of 3-6 months or longer and average deal size in excess of $100,000 annually
- Must reside in the territory we are seeking to fill
- Ability to effectively sell/present to a variety of audiences and contexts (i.e. In person, phone, Zoom, etc.)
- Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, CRM experience
About SOLID Surface Care, Inc.
Founded in 1996 in Charlotte, NC, SOLID® Surface Care, Inc. is the nation’s largest self-performing facility care company. SOLID is revered for its breadth of science-based cleaning, enhanced disinfection, expertise, and world-class specialty surface care. We are passionate about being environmentally conscious with our methodologies and extending the life of every surface. Our well-trained teams deliver the highest level of cleaning, disinfecting, restoration, and maintenance for all hard and soft surfaces, while providing a best-in-class client experience.
At SOLID, we care for our people by offering challenging opportunities, career advancement paths, competitive benefits, and flexible schedules. We are committed to developing expertise in all we do, and seek excellence in one another and every surface we touch. SOLID’s dynamic leadership team and colleagues promote a supportive, respectful open-door culture and strive to achieve the most effective ways to work with and care for each other.