Newly created role for a C++ SME Software Engineer - Staff and Principal levels available - must have OOD, multithreading and enums!
Globally admired company is looking for a Direct Hire Software Engineer to work on GUI & HMI applications for their Surgical Robotics platforms. C++ and Linux is a must! If you are interested in bringing your software engineering knowledge to cutting edge surgical robotics - APPLY TODAY!
We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer in Advanced Development. You will be designing and developing the Human Machine Interface (HMI) software that sits at the intersection of the real-time surgical robotic system and Clinical Staff. Highly motivated candidates interested in helping our team revolutionize the world of medical robotics and achieve our goal to amplify physician' s skills and improve patient outcomes through safe and efficient surgical tools are encouraged to apply.
The right candidate is an experienced software developer who enjoys working on tools and infrastructure. They have a thorough command of C/C++, Qt/QML, and modern build environments. They have strong communication and presentation skills and are invigorated by an opportunity to lead projects from concept to release.
- Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science or related degree
- 7+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of developing production-grade software in a modern software factory environment of C/C++
- Strong capabilities within Linux development environment
- Demonstrated experience of increasing contributions in a Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) environment
- 5+ years of GUI software development in a mixed language environment including Python and Qt/QML
- Knowledge of visualization frameworks
- Software Medical Products experience
- Robotic Control experience
- Ability to conceptualize software tools based on customer needs gathering
- Familiarity with common design patterns
- Machine Learning (ML) or Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Experience building data access and visualization tools
- Instrumentation software experience
Sean has over 8 years’ experience with Mattson Resources and over 20 years in executive search, technical recruiting, and staffing. With a Bachelor’s in Business Administration and a concentration in Human Resources as well as 16 years agency experience and 4 years corporate in staffing – Sean and his team can assist in all areas of search for your hiring needs. In agency search, Sean has led teams and recruiting services for Engineering, Sciences, IT, Skilled Labor, Operations, Supply Chain, Operational Excellence and more for Medical Device, Pharma, Aerospace, Automotive, Distribution, Transportation, IT Services, Software, Food & Beverage, Retail, and Consumer Products. In 2021 Sean oversaw Mattson Resources expansion and opening of a satellite office in Corona, CA.