Join one of the most admired companies in the world as an Electrical Engineer working on electronics for medical devices. Altium experience is required. APPLY TODAY!
This position places an emphasis on working closely with a multi-disciplinary engineering team to develop medical devices. Candidates must be self-motivated, independent, eager to learn, and successful on teams. You are expected to demonstrate sophisticated electrical engineering knowledge, independently resolve difficult technical problems, and communicate broadly across engineering teams.
As a Staff R&D Electrical Engineer you will develop innovative electrical systems for our groundbreaking ophthalmic platforms. These include laser vision correction, cataract surgery, occular surface disease, and emerging surgical systems. You' ll gain a deep appreciation for improving healthcare by working directly with surgeons and hearing patient stories.
Electrical engineers researching new technologies and applications, developing concept proofs and prototypes, protecting intellectual property, system algorithm development, communication protocols, visualization, integration, testing, debugging, and much more. Controls and interfaces include motors, lasers, fluidics, pneumatics, audio, and other transducers. You will find the best mix of design and simulation combined with hands-on lab work and multi-functional teamwork.
If you have a passion for electrical engineering and want to work on fun, exciting projects in a multidisciplinary environment that helps people live better, this is the job you’ ve been searching for. We’ re assembling a team of outstanding electrical engineers and are looking for a new team member to join us!
- Develop and deliver robust and safe electrical systems for medical devices, from the concept phase and research through requirements & specifications, design, coding, simulation, testing, integration and debugging, to manufacturing and post-launch support
- Design mixed/analog, power electronics, motor control and digital circuit design and layout of simple to sophisticated printed circuit boards
- Perform high-level circuit simulations and modeling.
- Collaborate with engineers in mechanical, firmware, software, test, and other fields to build innovative solutions and ensure requirements and specifications are met
- Communicate status and plans to the multi-functional engineering and program management team.
- Act as a technical lead for subsystem projects with minimal guidance and provide technical direction to other team members.
- Help plan projects - scope, budgets, and timelines - and write requirements and test protocols
- Demonstrate leadership and expertise in electrical development especially for failure mode effects analysis (FMEA) and patents
- Document the design of your hardware and participate in the formal release process for medical devices satisfying quality and regulatory requirements
- Perform hardware testing for IEC medical safety and EMC standards.
- Design, develop and document custom tools
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related engineering field is required. Advanced degree preferred.
- 7+ years' of electrical engineering experience (or equivalent with advanced degree) is required, of which at least 4 must be in an R&D and product-development environment.
- Proficiency in Altium Designer, OrCAD, and/or equivalent PCB schematic and layout tools is required.
- A proven track record teaming well with engineers/scientists and multi-functional teams on the product development cycle is required. End-to-end experience from concept through commercial launch is preferred.
- Experience with bringing up and debugging new hardware is required.
- Reading, understanding, and creating block diagrams, electrical schematics, and layouts is required.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills are required.
- Experience designing and testing for medical devices is preferred.
- Experience in managing external suppliers/developers and conducting prototype builds is preferred.
- Experience conducting/leading electrical compliance testing is preferred.
- Experience leading projects is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience of design, test and solving for medical safety and EMC standards such as IEC 60601-1, IEC 60601-1-2 for complex medical systems is preferred.
- Experience with control systems and communication protocols is preferred.
- Experience with embedded software and C Language is preferred.
Source : Mattson Resources