Staff Accountant - Public Accounting Experience Needed
Anaheim / Hybrid work schedule / 2 days home
Top 200 CPA firm - part of the Moore Network.
Must have some Public Accounting experience current or previous.
We offer career path and growth opportunity!
Salary - $65k - $73, 000 DOE + w/ an annual profit sharing bonus
Excellent Benefits paid 100% to employee and family
- Regularly inform the senior, manager and/or partner informed on the status projects and any problems encountered.
- Apply basic knowledge of business functions, processes and strategies.
- Prepare financial statements with disclosures.
- Prepare federal and state income tax returns
- Review engagements or agreed-upon procedures engagements.
- Develop and maintain ongoing business relationships with client personnel.
- Help clients with inquiries regarding accounting and tax issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Skills:
- General knowledge of FASB regulations and GAAP
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Presentation skills and strong organizational techniques are required.
- Highly motivated.
- Capable of managing multiple client engagements in addition to completing tasks related to business development.
- Able to attain visibility and recognition within your industry specialization and in your local market.
- 1 to 5+ years experience
- Bachelors Degree
- CPA license preferred but not required
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- Section 125 Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- New Client Referral Rewards
- Employee Referral Rewards
- Time off for CPA Exam*
- Paid professional dues (AICPA, State Board and State CPA Society)
*Additionally, the firm provides up to $4, 000 to reimburse employees for CPA exams and licensing fees. Any unused portion is available as a bonus upon completion, if still employed at the firm.
As a partner with Mattson Resources, my focus is Executive Search and Business Development. My passion is People and building client - candidate partnerships. My joy is understanding our client’s company culture and the scope of each search request to make a perfect hire. I thrive to be a trusted resource to both my client and candidate. On-boarding top tier clients and working with career professionals to assist them in their job search has been a rewarding career. Mattson opened in 2007 with 5 employees, we have expanded our services and currently offer 5 specialty recruiting Divisions, Executive Search, Engineering, IT, Accounting, Office Professional and Skilled Technical. It brings me much joy and satisfaction to be recognized as one of Orange County’s top Search firms year after year!