Impassioned…Emboldened…Infinitely Curious: The Bradford Exchange, part of The Bradford Hammacher Group family of brands, is a world leader in new product development. We have been selling joy for the last 50 years! Our global organization consists of 10 business divisions ranging from jewelry, apparel, collectible coins, home decor to holiday and so much more. We concept, create, design and market our creative products directly to our customers, and leverage licenses with the biggest names in entertainment and sports to bring unique and curated products to our customers across the globe.
We are seeking a Staff Accountant II for our dynamic accounting team.
How you will contribute:
- Responsible for service area of accounting (ie cash management control, advertising system, MSA).
- Prepare inventory roll and record appropriate Financial transactions relating to cost of goods for a business unit. Analyzes bad debt and sales return trends offering assumptions to predict the future financial impact on operations (business unit assigned is appropriate to grade level based upon complexity and risk).
- Financial Reporting for a business unit. This would include following a standard monthly checklist. In addition to recording any necessary G/L transactions, the individual prepares the financial statement and any necessary analysis. The total reporting package includes Controller’s Report including any appropriate comments on the operational results and the analysis performed. Financial Reporting responsibility also includes addressing any management questions/concerns on operational results. All management responses should be reviewed with a senior/supervisor before being issued.
- Internal and external contact occurs on a daily basis. Internal would be within the Accounting department, as well as between the Marketing and Production areas on a daily basis. May also be the primary contact for management in addressing operational questions/concerns. External contact varies from daily to weekly to monthly depending upon the individual’s responsibilities.
What you will bring and skills that excite us:
- BS in Accounting or equivalent plus a minimum of 2-4 years of related experience.
- Knows and uses well the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of accounting.
- Some evaluation originality, or ingenuity is required.
- Relies on judgment and limited experience to plan and accomplish goals.
- Must be PC proficient. Daily use of PC approximately 5 hours/day.
- Software applications include Excel, Word. Spreadsheet proficiency should include ability to build models and performed advanced analysis functions. May also utilize database functions.
- Mainframe access is also required daily to weekly frequency. 10 key proficiency is also needed.
BHG at a glance:
- Our scale: We have over 500 employees based out of our global headquarters right outside of Chicago, we have marketing operations in over 10 countries worldwide, and have over 32 million customers served.
- Compensation and benefits: We offer a competitive compensation plan and great benefits, with some benefits starting from day 1!
- We own the company: BHG is Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) which allows you to not only derive the benefits of working as an employee at The Bradford Hammacher Group, but also gain the benefits of being an owner.
- Professional Development: There is always room to learn! We offer a Professional Development Program, a Mentor Program, and LinkedIn Learning to our teams as well as additional hands-on training and development. Our teams utilize a continuous performance management and development structure for feedback, no dreaded annual reviews. We meet quarterly to focus on the future!
- Our values: Honesty. Innovation. Respect. Teamwork. Giving back. These are just some of the core values that drive our team members. Our team strives to build a culture of continuous feedback where anyone can share and create our “next big idea,” among diverse and inclusive teams.
- Flexibility and wellness: Whether it’s offering hybrid environment (onsite/remote) for our corporate staff, to a generous, front-loaded PTO and holiday package to all staff and corporate wellness initiatives like WW, an annual health fair and an onsite gym, we are committed to our team members well-being. New hires start with 16 days of PTO and 8 paid holidays per year.
- Perks and more: We have a Business Casual Work Environment, Health and Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off (PTO) Program, Direct Deposit, Credit Union, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Program, Employee Referral Bonus Program, 401(k), Profit Sharing, Tuition Reimbursement, Onsite Cafeteria, Onsite Fitness Center, Corporate WW and Toastmaster’s memberships, a Peer Recognition Program, Product Discounts and more!
The Bradford Exchange is an Equal Opportunity Employer.