The Staff Accountant - Agribusiness is responsible for performing specifically assigned tasks in accordance with directions furnished by the engagement senior, manager and/or partner, as specified in the work program or pertinent firm policies and procedures.
- Regularly inform the senior, manager and/or partner informed on the status projects and any problems encountered.
- Apply basic knowledge of business functions, processes and strategies.
- Prepare financial statements with disclosures.
- Prepare federal and state income tax returns
- Review engagements or agreed-upon procedures engagements.
- Develop and maintain ongoing business relationships with client personnel.
- Help clients with inquiries regarding accounting and tax issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- General knowledge of FASB regulations and GAAP
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Presentation skills and strong organizational techniques are required.
- Highly motivated.
- Capable of managing multiple client engagements in addition to completing tasks related to business development.
- Able to attain visibility and recognition within your industry specialization and in your local market.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and CPA preferred; Master's degree in Business Administration or Taxation a plus.
- 1 to 3 years of experience gained within a public accounting firm preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant license preferred.
Source : Mattson Resources