The Corporate Accounting Department for Iron Bow Technologies located in Herndon, VA is searching for a Staff Accountant. As part of the Company’s Corporate Accounting Department, this role will be primarily responsible for assisting in the monthly closing process, including the preparation of journal entries, account analysis and reconciliations. The successful candidate will help to ensure the Company’s financial reporting is prepared in compliance with the applicable policies and procedures, and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Assist in the monthly closing process including preparation of journal entries, account analysis and reconciliations.
- Prepare and input complete and accurate journal entries into the GL accounting system in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Prepare complete, accurate and timely account reconciliations in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain accurate supporting detail for GL account balances.
- Develop and maintain spreadsheets and workbooks supporting detailed account analyses.
- Respond to accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- As necessary, assist employees throughout the Company in their efforts to better understand Company accounting policies and reporting requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be detail oriented and able to work within specified deadlines.
- Strong and effective communication, both written and verbal, skills.
- Strong analytical abilities.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and requirements.
- Ability to learn
- Clear ability to take ownership of issues and pursue potential resolutions through to completion.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment and effectively interact with colleagues and Company employees across all functions and levels.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required.
- Two to four years of corporate accounting experience.
- Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Experience working with government contract regulations (FAR / CAS) a plus.
This position and continued employment with Iron Bow Technologies is contingent upon providing documentation of being fully vaccinated for Covid-19 or you must provide documentation to Iron Bow Human Resources supporting a bona fide request for Religious or a Medical Accommodation.
Iron Bow Technologies is a leading IT solution provider dedicated to successfully transforming technology investments into business capabilities for government, commercial and healthcare clients. Our depth of technical expertise, global reach and strategic partnerships with industry leaders as well as disruptive technology partners uniquely positions Iron Bow to target the right solution to ensure your successful business outcome. We partner with our clients from planning and implementation through ongoing maintenance and management to deliver solutions that are strong, flexible and on target.
Iron Bow Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.See Job Description