Location: Rochester, NY or Ithaca, NY
Insero&Co.isanaccountingandbusinessadvisorypracticeservingbusinesses,nonprofits,governmentalentities,andindividualsthroughout New York state. One of our core values is that we are Passionate about People. We don’t just talk about our values, we livethem. That’s why we’ve consistently been recognized as a best place to work:
· Best Accounting Firms to Work For (National, Accounting Today and Best Companies Group) 2012-2022
· Best Places to Work in New York State (State, RBJ and Best Companies Group) 2022
· Rochester’s Top Workplaces (Local, D&C and Energage) 2014-2022
· Central New York’s Best Places to Work (Local, CNY Business Journal and BizEventz) 2018-2021
At Insero, we’re committed to transforming the employee experience, beyond industry standards to enable you to build your ideal career. Let us show you how life at Insero is different:
· We offer excellent advancement opportunities as well as advisor and mentor programs.
· We invest heavily in training and technology.
· We focus on flexibility, with an amazing hybrid working environment giving you the ability to work in the office as well as from home/remote.
· We serve a wide variety of clients and offer many compliance and consulting services, giving our team members opportunities to explore different areas of practice.
· There are also many opportunities to get involved from day one, including our initiatives for outreach, innovation, wellness, and diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Since 1992, Insero & Co. has been a proud member of RSM US Alliance, a premier affiliation of independent accounting, and consulting firms. RSM US Alliance provides our firm with access to resources of RSM US LLP, the leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market, with more than 9,000 people in 86 offices nationwide. RSM US LLP is a licensed CPA firm and the US member of RSM International, a global network of independent audit, tax, and consulting firms with more than 38,000 people in over 120 countries.
With Insero, you get the best of both worlds, a local firm culture with the resources of a national practice.
We are seeking to hire multiple Accountants to join our growing practice with start dates available in January 2023 and Fall 2023. These are full-time positions with our organization based in either Rochester or Ithaca, NY.
- Working on engagements primarily in Audit, but potential exposure to Tax or Outsourced Accounting based on individual interest.
· Becoming familiar with the firms policies, procedures, and technical resources.
· Working on engagements primarily in audit, but potential exposure to tax or outsourced accounting based on interest.
· Assisting team in conducting audits, reviews, compilations, and other assigned tasks.
· Preparing assigned financial statements as needed.
· Supporting the Senior/Manager through maintaining a good working relationship with client personnel and other team members and demonstrating an awareness of the clients business.
· Promptly informing the appropriate person of any difficulties that you may experience with an assignment/task that could affect our scheduled deadlines.
· Bringing issues for inclusion in the letter of representation or management letter to the appropriate Engagement Manager.
· Performing and recording all work in compliance with our firm policies.
· Developing an understanding of the standards of the profession and progress toward passing the CPA exam.
· Assisting in administrative functions, practice development, and practice management as assigned.
Qualifiedcandidatesshouldhaveexcellentcommunicationskills,self-confidence,andbeself-motivatedandcapableofworking productivelyinaprofessionalenvironment.Mustbeconscientious,detailed-orientedandhaveexcellentorganizationalskills.Bachelor’s degreeinAccountingwitheither150credithoursorMBA/Master’sdegreeisrequiredalongwithaminimum3.0GPABasicknowledge of spreadsheet and database applications is required; experience with financial/accounting software applications is a plus. Internship assignments involving auditing or tax preparation experience is also a plus.
We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits and other unique programs. In addition, we offer tremendous growth anddevelopment opportunities to assist with both your personal and professional goals. There is a difference among accounting firms. We invite you to experience it firsthand!
For more information on Insero & Co. CPAs, visit our web site at
and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram @InseroCPAs
Insero & Co. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer