A family-owned company, bioMérieux has grown to become a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics. For almost 60 years and across the world, we have imagined and developed innovative diagnostics solutions to improve public health. Today, our teams are spread across 44 countries and serve 160 countries with the support of a large distribution network. This includes our SLC site, formerly known as BioFire Diagnostics.
A family-owned company, bioMérieux has grown to become a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics. For almost 60 years and across the world, we have imagined and developed innovative diagnostics solutions to improve public health. Today, our teams are spread across 45 countries and serve 160 countries with the support of a large distribution network.
Come and join a family-owned global company with a long-term vision, and a human-centered culture.
The SVP & General Manager, North American Clinical Operations works closely with internal cross-functional leaders and external stakeholders to help build, lead and drive the commercial strategy and its execution for bioMérieux in the U.S and Canada, and has indirect leadership responsibility for the US Executive Team. This strategic leader will provide critical commercial input, market insights, evaluations, and stakeholder perspective around product prioritization and development, potential acquisition, and in-licensing of assets, and will lead all commercial activities for bioMérieux in the U.S and Canada. The incoming SVP Clinical Operations of North America, will be a champion for a united bioMérieux, fostering an inclusive and synergistic environment that draws on the strengths of a diversified business while ensuring alignment under the one company, one future initiative.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Continuing to lead and develop the North American commercial team, to build on a high-performance culture, and to lead the Companys commercial efforts in the attainment of the Companys revenue and profit goals.
- Leading the planning, implementation and evaluation of marketing, brand building and product launch strategies to maximize the sales of products in the market.
- Directing budget responsibilities for commercial organization.
- Leading assessment of the competitive and regulatory environments in anticipating market trends and identifying market opportunities.
- Developing and executing strategic pricing, reimbursement and contracting strategies that drive long term partnerships and maximize resources and opportunities.
- Optimizing the Clinical Operations organization by selecting, coaching, developing, and retaining of top business talents
- Coordinating with global functions (Marketing, supply chain, Customer service…) to ensure the best possible alignment between global strategic intent & US deployment plans while ensuring that the voice of the Region is taken into account by global teams for defining their strategic directions
- Leading the US Leadership Team that gathers all functional heads located in the US (beyond clinical Operations) to ensure a proper coordination and leadership alignment between functions at US level and provide a quarterly update to the Group Executive Committee to ensure the US opportunities & challenges across divisions are well captured at global level.
This position will be based at bioMérieux U.S. H.Q. in Salt Lake City with frequent business travel.
Qualified candidates will will be accomplished commercial executives with proven experience building and leading a successful sales and marketing organization. This person must have demonstrated success in commercial leadership roles with P&L responsibility and an established track record of delivering top-line growth and targeted margins and successfully launching products in a competitive and challenging market. They will bring experience building an effective commercial organization, inspiring teams, and recruiting, training, and retaining top talent. They will thrive in a collaborative and cross-functional business environment, developing and building strong internal relationships. Direct experience and knowledge of in vitro diagnostics commercial environment would be preferred; however, we are most focused on recruiting a proven Commercial Leader who brings innovative thinking, commercial expertise, and well-develop leadership skills to drive a collaborative, high-performing business.
This is typically demonstrated in individuals with:
- A Bachelor’s degree plus equivalent experience or a Master’s degree (strongly preferred)
- 15+ years of progressive commercial leadership experience in a business to business Life Sciences company, with at least 5 of those years being spent at a VP level or higher.
bioMérieux welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
BioMérieux Inc. and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioMérieux’s or its affiliates’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).