If you've ever used an ATM, paid a bill through your phone, sent money to a friend or shopped online, chances are your transaction was safeguarded and processed using our software. Now it's your turn to serve the payment needs of organizations and people the world over.
As a Sr. Systems Engineer, you will join a diverse, passionate team, dedicated to making possibilities happen in the payments industry!
The purpose of this ROLE is:
Implements, configures, and plays a role in the design of complex systems for internal and external customers. Assists in performing analysis on existing systems as well as system maintenance. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility. Coordinates the design of subsystems and integration of the total system. Identifies, analyses, and resolves program support deficiencies. Develops and recommends corrective actions. Normally receives general instructions on routine work, and detailed instructions on new projects or assignments.
A Typical day at ACI for a Sr. Systems Engineer is:
- The Systems Engineer will be part of the Merchant Retail Service Delivery Operations team, providing ongoing operational support for ACI applications
- Participates in the architecting, engineering and configuring of routine and complex technical solutions forapplications/systems implementations and upgrades based on specific business requirements
- Supports development, QA, product and other internal teams by providing high-level analysis and AOD environment-based design reviews, performance, scalability and benchmark test guidance, and subject matter expertise in technology and design
- Resolves technical system incidents and triages with a sense of urgency and effectively communicates synopses and root causes in a timely manner
- Monitors applications, identifies potential issues and works proactively to prevent anticipated incidents
- Writes and maintains documentation relating to project implementations and/or new processes and procedures
- Scripts and develops automation for repeatable installations and configurations
- Assists with vulnerability identification and remediation
- Participates in the team on-call rotation
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Understand and Adhere to all Corporate Policies including but not limited to ACI Code of Ethics and Global Information Security.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience needed to succeed in this role:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- 5 years of technology design, architecture, infrastructure experience or related experience
- 5 years of configuring, troubleshooting, supporting and/or deploying applications or systems in development and production environments
- Familiarity with monitoring tools, dashboard, SQL queries.
- Be able to run queries on SQL Server
- Basic networking k knowledge, strong troubleshooting skills
- Must understand windows and Linux in a large production environment.
- On-call role- Once a month for a week. We implement a follow the sun model.
- Ability to prioritize, stay organized, have attention to detail, and strong communication skills
You are a solid fit for this position if you also have:
- General understanding of operating systems (Linux/Windows), networks, web servers (Apache/Tomcat), relational databases (MS SQL Server/PostgreSQL) and security/encryption standards
- Experience with scripting languages (BASH/Powershell), automation tools (Ansible/Jenkins/Blue Ocean) and version control (Git)
- General understanding of DevOps processes and procedures
- Basic understanding of ITIL concepts
- Knowledge of the payments industry, PCI compliance and/or Card Holder Data Protection standards
- Experience in a cloud environment - Azure or AWS.
Benefits: In return for your expertise, we offer growth, opportunity, and a competitive compensation and benefits package in a casual work environment.
Are you ready to help us transform the world of electronic payments? To learn more about ACI Worldwide, visit our web site at www.aciworldwide.com Job ID (Requisition #7841)
ACI Worldwide is an AA/EEO employer in the United States, which includes providing equal opportunity for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities, and an EEO employer globally.
#LI-JH1About ACI Worldwide
ACI Worldwide powers digital payments for more than 6,000 organizations around the world. More than 1,000 of the largest financial institutions and intermediaries, as well as thousands of global merchants, rely on ACI to execute $14 trillion each day in payments and securities. In addition, myriad organizations utilize our electronic bill presentment and payment services. Through our comprehensive suite of software solutions delivered on customers' premises, through the public cloud or through ACI'sprivate cloud , we provide real-time,immediate paymentscapabilities and enable the industry's most complete omni-channel payments experience .