Hilltop Holdings Inc. (NYSE:HTH) is a Texas-based diversified financial holding company specializing in banking, mortgage origination, and financial advisory through its wholly owned subsidiaries, PlainsCapital Bank, PrimeLending, and HilltopSecurities.
The Sr. Systems Engineer role will assist in the design, development and maintain critical infrastructure in support of Hilltop’s multiple lines of businesses. The critical infrastructure supported by this role are enterprise class servers, virtualization technologies, enterprise storage and data protection. Also required is in-depth knowledge of core operating systems to include Microsoft Windows and Linux. To be considered for the role, candidates must demonstrate strong technical and communication skills, the ability to design and implement critical infrastructure platforms, and have previously supported a fast-moving enterprise environment.
- Responsible for support of VMWare vCenter, ESXi and various VM Replication solutions
- Responsible for support of Multiple Microsoft Azure Subscriptions
- Responsible for support of VM backup and recovery environment
- Responsible for support of Fiber Channel storage infrastructure (Storage Arrays, Switches, HBAs, Zoning)
- Responsible for support of Datacenter Compute infrastructure (UCS, HPE, Dell)
- Design, document, test, and implement appropriate backup and disaster-recovery mechanisms for all hosted server platforms (Windows, Linux)
- Continuously identify, plan, and implement necessary upgrades to support capacity planning, business requirements, and VMWare/Microsoft/Linux OS server security remediation.
- Implement scalable solutions for critical infrastructure
- Perform root-cause analysis of complex issues ranging through hardware, operating system, application, network, and information security platforms while working closely with a variety of infrastructure teams and business users to quickly arrive at inventive and long-term solutions.
- Collaborate with Governance, Risk and Compliance to mitigate vulnerabilities, define and implement security policies and baseline standards
- Continually improve processes through automation
- Provide technical leadership and coaching for the enterprise related to technical system strategies and delegation of duties
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, IT related field and/or equivalent formal training or work experience
- Proven experience in leading infrastructure projects and coordinating work efforts across the Information Technology ecosystem
- Strong scripting knowledge and experience using languages including PowerShell, python, ruby. Automation frameworks/tools such as ansible, terraform, chef, puppet, vRA are a plus
- Strong Windows and Linux server administration experience in a corporate server environment
- Strong knowledge and experience working with least privilege accounts for system management
- Proficient knowledge of systems engineering processes obtained through formal training and/or work experience
- Able to resolve highly complex technical problems at the enterprise level
- Advanced knowledge of technical/business environment. Able to engage with internal customers without direction
- Must have strong focus on internal and external customer requirements
- Excellent collaboration, communication, and negotiation skills to effectively serve as a leader and evangelist across the enterprise
- Demonstrate advanced understanding of complex business processes across the enterprise
- Must have excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be comfortable making formal presentations to senior IT management and executive level clients
- Ability to direct, coach and mentor the technical and managerial development of other engineers
- Ability to partner with vendors, external contacts and industry standards organizations to deliver technical solutions
- Must have appropriate skills with the standard workstation software utilized to perform daily duties, e.g., Word, Excel, Visio, etc.
About the Company
Founded in 1998 and headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Hilltop Holdings offers a diverse range of financial services through its three primary subsidiaries, PlainsCapital Bank, PrimeLending, and HilltopSecurities. PlainsCapital Bank is a leading commercial bank with locations throughout Texas. PrimeLending is a national mortgage provider focused on purchase mortgage originations. HilltopSecurities provides financial advisory, clearing, retail brokerage, and other investment banking services. Hilltop Holdings seeks to build the premier Texas-based diversified financial services holding company through acquisitions and organic growth. To learn more, please visit www.hilltop-holdings.com.