General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems is looking for an experienced Sr. Supplier Quality Control Assurance Engineer to join our Lincoln, NE organization. We are expanding rapidly and looking for motivated and creative individuals who want to help support and shape this organization as we grow.
This position requires comprehensive knowledge of Quality Management Systems. Fully capable of applying principles, concepts, and continuous improvement practices to a specific quality function. Possesses general knowledge of related quality disciplines or functions Internal focal for Supplier issues and must be able to communicate systemic issues and report supplier metrics. Work performed with minimal supervision incorporating multiple disciplines. Guided by policies and precedent. Individual contributors may function in a quality project leadership role. May represent organization with peers in outside organizations.
GD-OTS provides reliable and affordable composite products to the defense and commercial aerospace markets. With more than 50 years of expertise, General Dynamics designs, develops, manufactures, and tests a full range of composite missile and space structures, including rocket motors, pressure vessels, launch tubes and fuel tanks.Major Position Responsibilities:
- Responsible for issuing corrective actions to suppliers when they ship nonconforming product to OTS as a requirement of AS9100.
- Mentor, guide and assist suppliers through the Supplier Corrective Action Requests (SCARs) process.
- Assist Receiving Inspection with communicating aging nonconforming material to program teams.
- Track aging receiving inspection nonconformances and coordinate with the program teams to material dispositioned appropriately so that the part can be used or returned to the supplier for replacement.
- The primary contact with the supplier for quality issues.
- Assist Engineers in program specific supplier quality issues as requested or as necessary.
- Collaborate with the Program Integrated Project Team (IPTs) and engineers to work through issues with the supplier.
- The Senior Quality Engineer is the program team’s representative at the supplier.
- Engage in collaboration efforts, problem solving, and provide on-site supplier support, etc.
- Assist Suppliers with Quality requirements, inspection, and paperwork questions
- Facilitate monthly meetings with Supply Chain to review ASL status and supplier issues.
- Perform assessments of new suppliers, reevaluate existing suppliers; Maintain supplier listing and periodically perform surveillance with the supply base according to AS900 requirements.
- Perform onsite assessment to ensure supplier has adequate process in place to address quality issues and prevent further occurrence of the issue.
- Perform source surveillance on site at key suppliers prior to supplier shipping parts to facility, to reduce the potential of supplier shipping nonconforming material.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or other related fields.
- Preferred Certifications: ASQ CQE, Six Sigma Green Belt.
- Preferred Skills: Self-directed, motivated, and can work with minimal supervision.
#LI-KD1 #LI-MH1 #LI-KV1 #LI-DF1