Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology and commerce ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Lifecycle Management, e-Commerce Logistics, and Cloud solutions. With $49 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we have become the world's largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
About the Team:
We support the business processes for both the CSS (Communications Solutions and Services) and the SPS (Secure Payment Solutions) distribution businesses in Ingram Micro.
Our team is over 30 Team Members in the US and India. We focus on having a Team environment where it's safe to voice concerns and to recognize accomplishments.
We work with Infrastructure teams to improve the environment and we also work closely with Business Analysists on User Stories.
The main function of a Senior Software Engineer is to design, develop, implement, test, and maintain business and computer applications software or specialized utility programs including mainframe and client/server applications, and major enhancement of existing systems
-Fine-tune and improve a variety of sophisticated software implementation projects
-Gather and analyze system requirements, document specifications, and develop software solutions to meet client needs and data
-Analyze and review enhancement requests and specifications
-Implement system software and customize to client requirements
-Prepare the detailed software specifications and test plans
-Code new programs to client's specifications and create data for testing
-Modify existing programs to new standards and conduct unit testing of developed programs
-Create migration packages for system testing, user testing, and implementation
-Provide quality assurance reviews
-Perform post-implementation validation of software and resolve any bugs found during testing
-Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
-5-10 years experience preferred
-A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
-Large systems software design and development experience
-Experience performing in-depth troubleshooting and unit testing with both new and legacy production systems
-experience in programming and experience with problem diagnosis and resolution
Primary focus will be developing our PHP MVC application written in the Yii framework
PHP Full Stack: 5+ years' experience
This position requires:
- Experience using frontend frameworks/tool (jQuery, jQueryUI, AJAX, bootstrap, SASS)
- Experience with PHP MVC Frameworks
- Experience with Database usage (MySQL, SQL), creation of tables, inserts, selects, and joins.
- Ability and desire to learn and adopt new technologies and share with team
- Have good problem-solving skills
- Capable of logging work summaries daily
Nice to have but not required:
- Basic usage of Linux command line
- Understand importance of unit testing. Have ability to run existing tests as well as create new ones
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- AWS experience
- Experience working with project management applications and other developers to ensure tasks are completed on time or ahead of schedule
- Understanding of Object-Oriented Analysis & Design, Multi-Layer Architecture and Programming Patterns
- Experience with Source Control tools
- Experience with containerization technology
- Experience with web server optimization and scalability
- Experience using/configuring Apache
- Experience with Web Services/APIs (RESTful or SOAP)
- Working in a global Team setting
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It's a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro's COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.