SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Perform software development, refine requirements, write, test, debug, maintain, and release test software that instructs a computer to accomplish certain tasks, such as saving information, performing calculations. The Software Engineer may also be responsible for managing software development infrastructure and providing the appropriate level of functional and non-functional documentation to meeting the product and engineering requirements.As necessary, this position may be called upon to assist in performing on-site client work related to consulting projects or provide technical support as required.
Exactuals is modernizing payment and royalty administration solutions across multiple industries, including Film/TV, Music, Insurance, Real Estate, and Book Publishing. Founded in 2011, our cloud-based SaaS offerings are setting the standard for trust, accuracy, and security in the complex payment processing space. Exactuals is a fast-growing company, doubling in revenue annually, with a strong a commitment to diversity and inclusion. While largely a remote distributed team, Exactuals maintains offices in Los Angeles, Nashville and New York. Exactuals became an RBC / City National company in 2018. Visit www.exactuals.com to learn more.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
* Create viable software products that allow business units to meet company goals and objectives.
* Designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software applications.
* Supports and/or installs software applications/operating systems related to role.
* Participates in testing process, test review, analysis, witnessing and certification of software.
* Supporting the technical design process by participating in analysis of technical requirements.
* Participating in execution and documentation of tests and test suites.
* Embrace DevOps philosophy of testing and automation.
* Provides first level guidance and directions to other Software Engineer colleagues.
* Plans work for others to meet project deadlines; sets priorities to accommodate needs of users.
* Conducts feasibility studies on strategic and tactical plans.
* Performs complex technical analysis of software, hardware, and infrastructure components.
* Frequently interacts with subordinate team leaders, outside customers and functional peer groups at management levels.
* May be responsible for product goal documentation regarding planning and scheduling responsible activities for product releases.
* Assists or leads in implementing analyses that will identify requirements related to people, processes & technology and the SDLC.
* Perform code quality reviews of peers and junior developers.
* May participates in architectural designs and reviews and lead committees.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
* Bachelor's Degree computer science
* Minimum 7 years’ experience working within Software Product Development.
* Minimum 2 year experience working in a software design or architect capacity.
* Minimum 3 year working with cloud software deployment.
* Minimum 3 year experience working in DevOps environments.
Skills and Knowledge
* Master's in computer science preferred.
* Advanced ability to read, interpret, and perform software development activities including research, programming, consulting, functional and process documentation.
* Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
* Effective communication skills (verbal and written) to perform above tasks as well as working with internal and external personnel as required.
* Must possess ability to read, interpret, and perform complex software development.
* Secure Software Development Life Cycle (SSDLC) Experience preferred.
* Level 3 software practices, Agile, DevOps, Web development and databases.
* Level 3 knowledge of software industry standards, SDLC, Lean, Agile, integration, DevOps, Web development and databases.
* Good cloud and SaaS platform development experience.
* Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
* Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
* May lead and direct the work of others.
* A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
* May report directly to a project lead or manager.
Starting base salary: $119,012 - $154,574 per year. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
Positions based in New York City: In order to work on-site at City National Bank in New York City, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, per city requirements. Shortly after your start date, you will be required to attest to your vaccination status and will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
Source : City National Bank